The Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce Library offer exceptional service by acquiring, organizing, and providing access to information resources specializing in the fields of Arts, Science and Commerce.
The Central Library aims to providing access to its printed resources such as books, non-books, periodicals as well as e-resources for the use of staff and students at the college campus.
To be dynamic, inclusive, competitive learning resource center of excellence in teaching, learning, research and community endeavors of MSRCASC.
To provide students, staff and other library users an access to extensive range of current and relevant quality information in support to the academic and research work of the college.
The primary function of our library is to implement, enrich and support the educational program of our College. The library provides a wide range of materials at various levels of users.
- To provide access and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources
- To ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of library collections and resources
- To build collections and create tools to support teaching, learning and research
- To enable ICTs to locate store, retrieve and disseminate information
Facilities & Policies
|Library Timing||Monday To Friday||8.20 am to 5.30 pm|
|Saturday||8.20 am to 2.30 pm|
|Circulation Timing||Monday To Friday||9.30 am to 4.30 pm|
|Saturday||9.30 am to 1.30 pm|
Circulation of Materials:
Users may borrow books and non-books (non-books include journals, magazines, newspaper, bound volumes, compact disks and project report) during working hours at the library circulation counter. PG Students may borrow three books and UG Students may borrow two books and Book Bank Student (SC/ST Student) may borrow four books in their name. The books are issued for students maximum twenty days and two times renewals and teaching staff may borrow ten books and non-teaching staff may borrow five books. The books are issued for staff one month.
The Library materials in certain advertised categories may not be issued without special permission of the Librarian as following:
- Unbound Parts/Current Issues of Journals.
- Hand Books.
- Reference Books.
- Project Reports.
Fine will be charged on late return of books.
Issued items from the library may not be taken outstation unless special permission is given.
Students should deposit their borrowed card in the library before they go on leave.
Loss and Defacement of Books and Non-Books:
The Cost of replacement with double amount along with the fine will be charged to the person for loss or damage the library materials. Any student if determined to have defaced or damaged any library item intentionally will have his/her library privileges revoked for a period of time determined by the Library Committee.
Students must take care of Library Materials and must not deface then by underlining, writing or drawing in them by removing any part of them, or in any other way.
Weed out Policy:
Weeding is the ongoing evaluation of the library collection with a view to removing those items which are no longer useful to library users.
Code of conduct:
- Keep your belongings in property counter
- Scan your college ID Card for Log Entry
- Borrowing materials without a valid identity card number is prohibited.
- Not permitted to use another Identity Card.
- Do not reshelf Books, Periodicals etc., leave them on the tables properly after use.
- Talking is strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Food or Drink is not allowed in the Library.
- Making Noise, Spitting are strictly prohibited.
- Reference Books are meant for Reading in Library only.
- Student shall take care of their Personal belongings if anything loss, Library is not Responsible.
- Laptop if used in the library must have their own cable connector.
- Mobile phones are to be set in the “OFF” or “VIBRATOR” mode prior to entering the Library.
Services & Membership
- Computerized Services.
- E-Resources Facility.
- Library Electronic Services (LES).
- SC/ST Book Bank Facility.
- Inter Library Loan (ILL).
- Reference Service.
- Referral Service.
- Reprographic Service.
- Non Visual Desktop Access.
- Plagiarism Check.
Library Institutional Membership:
- INFLIBNET N-LIST.
- National Digital Library (NDLI Club).
|Web Opac||Click Here|
|SN||E-Resource||Access / Deliverables||Subject Covered||URL Link|
(National Digital Library of India)
|2||NLIST INFLIBNET||e-Journals – 6,150 |
e-Books – 31,39,309
|3||DELNET||Union Catalogue of Books 3,28,75,350 records, Union List of Journals 51,670 records, Union Catalogue of Journals 20,235 records, Articles Database 11,24,250 records, Union List of CD-ROMS 61,750 Database of Theses and Dissertations 1,30,753, Union List of Video-Recordings 6,000 records, Union List of Sound-Recordings 1,025 records.||All||http://220.127.116.11/|
|2,500+ eJournals||All (Multidisciplinary)||https://www.proquest.com/?accountid=174132|
|2 Lakhs+ eBooks||All (Multidisciplinary)||https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/msrcascin/home.action|
Open Access Resources
Open Access E-Books
Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS)
UC Press Collection
Open Access E-Journals
Pubic Library of Science
National Library of Medicine
Open Access E-Thesis and Dissertation
Cambridge Dictionary and Thesaurus
Library Best User Award
Library introduces the 'Best Library User Award' for Staff and Students. Memento/Book and Certificate in the form of award is given to the best users during Annual Day.
Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce
(Graduate & Post Graduate Studies)
MSR Nagar, MSRIT Post, Mathikere,
BENGALURU - 560 054