Mr. KIRAN KUMAR NANDI
Name: Mr. Kiran Kumar Nandi
Designation: Chief Librarian
Qualification: MSc, MLISc, MPhil, PGDCA, K-SET
Year of Joining: April-2023
Work Experience: 20 Years
Subject Specialisation: Library and Information Science
PUBLICATIONS (PAPER, BOOKS, ARTICLES ETC)
- E-Resource center and Services. NAAC Sponsored National Seminar Quality Management in Higher Education (Excellence in the Changing Scenario) on August 6-7 2010 Organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Indian Academy Degree College, Kalyan Nagar Bangalore.
- Importance of an Automated Library in Quality of Higher Education. Challenges of Librarianship in Next Decade” on 16th Dec 2010 Organized by New Horizon Education Institutions Bangalore Library and Information Centre.
- Best Practice in IAGI Library. for Two days International Conference on “Convergence of Science, Engineering, and Management in Education & Research: A global Persp Edition”
- On 26th and 27thSept 2013 Organized by DayanandaSagar College of Engineering, Bangalore-560078 Page No-421.
- Impact of Web Technologies and E-resources on Library Service. V.S.B ENGINEERING Engineering College, National Seminar on DRIL- 2013 Karur,-639 111 Tamil Nadu, India. ISBN NO-978-81-909199-7-5.
- Role of Digital Libraries at Higher Education in India: National Seminar on Higher Education Transformation in India-Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore- 43. India. ISBN No- 978-81-920859-9-9.
- National Conference on Trends in Management of Academic Libraries in Digital Environment (TMALDEN-2014) Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) Usage at Indian Academy Degree College, Bengaluru – ISBN 978-81-920992-6-2.
- National conference on adapt-change- evolve presented paper on replacing traditional library services with new services at IAGI library Bangalore.
- International Conference on Future of Libraries: from Promises to Practices- Benefits Derived by the Use of Social Media among the Students of Higher Learning IADC-A Bangalore – ISBN 978-81-92179-79-7.
- Worked as Librarian from 26th July 2003 To 6th June 2004. In Sneha College of Nursing Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore.
- Worked as a Chief Librarian 9th June To 9th April 2010 in T. John Group og Institutions Bannerghatta Road Bangalore.
- Worked as a Chief Librarian 10th April 2010 To 18th September 2022 in Indian Academy Group of Institutions, Hennur Cross, Kalyan Nagar Bangalore.
- Worked as a Chief Librarian 5th October 2022 To 28th April 2023 in St. Vincent Pallotti College Kallayan Nagar Bangalore.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Participated in the 4th Assist National Seminar “Digital Resources and Services in Libraries” on April 2004 at Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta. Shimoga , Karnataka.
- Attended a Workshop “B-School Libraries: Application of Information and Communication Technologies (I.C.Ts, and) Digitization” on 1st - 3rd Dec 2004 at Centre College Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Participated in a one-day Seminar “Role of Academic Libraries in Suality Education” on 4th Jan 2006 at Sri BhagawanMahaveer Jain College, Bangalore.
- Participated in a Seminar “Best Practices in Library and Information Services” from 9th – 12th Aug 2006 at JnanaBharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Participated in a National Workshop “Standards in Library Automation & Networking” from 17th – 21st March 2008 at Bangalore University Central Library, JnanaBharathi campus, Bangalore.
- Participated in a Training Program “Library Automation” from 7th July to 28th Aug 2008 at IT Centre, JnanaBharati Campus, Bangalore University.
- Attended the 11th National Convention on Knowledge, Library and Information Networking (NACLIN 2008) organized by DELNET in collaboration with the Korunya University, Coimbatore. From 4th – 4th Nov 2008. The Theme of NACLIN 2008 is “Digital Futures; Strategies for Developing world-class libraries”.
- Participated in one-day Seminar “e- Resource/e- Prints Awareness Programme Among Engineering College Librarians of Karnataka” on 18.07.2009 DayanandaSagar College of Engineering Bangalore-560078.
- Participated one-day Seminar on Institutional Repositories with a focus on DSpace software is Targeted for the Benefit of Students of Students of Library and Information Science and Budding LIS Professionals. On November 14, 2009 (Saturday) Choksi Hall, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore – 560012.
- Participated in Two days NAAC Sponsored National Seminar Quality Management in Higher Education(Excellence in the Changing Scenario) on August 6-7 2010 Organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell ( IQAC) Indian Academy Degree College, Kalyan Nagar Bangalore.
- I participated in one day National Conference “Challenges of Librarianship in Next Decade” on 16th Dec 2010 Organized by New Horizon Education Institutions Bangalore Library and Information Centre.
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore, Organized by the Library and Information Centre Conducted one day Nation Conference on Open Content Management and Organisation for Technical Information Services. Feb 4th 2011.
- Participated in a one-day National Conference “SCIENTOMETRICS” on 7th Sept 2012 Organized by Tumkur University, Tumkur, Department of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science and Institute of Scientometrics.
- INFORMATICS Organized one day National Seminar on Library- Publisher Partnership -Convergence of Content and Technology in the Digital Age-19 October 2012.
- Participated and Presented the Paper “ Best Practice in IAGI Library “ for Two days International Conference on “Convergence of Science, Engineering and Management in Education & Research: AglobalPerspEdition” on 26th and 27thSept 2013 Organized by Dayanandasagar College of Engineering, Bangalore-560078.
- Participated in one-day Seminar “OPAC, J- GATE & FEDGATE Content Discovery ” on 27thSept 2013 Organized by INFORMATICS,A Passage to knowledge, at Fortune Park JP Celestial,5/43, Race Course Road, Near Anand Rao Circle Bangalore-560009.
- Participated and Presented a Paper in One day National Seminar on “Implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS)-Issues & Challenges” on 07th May 2013 Organized by Dept of Commerce PG studies, Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore-560043.
- Participated Two days Workshop “NPTEL” (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) on 7th & 8th Oct 2013 Jointly Organized by NPTEL, IIT Madras & Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore-560043.
- Participated and Presented a Paper in One day National Seminar on “GENDER BASED ISSUES IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT” on 14th Dec 2013 Organized by Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore-560043.
- Participated in Four-day Workshop on Special Training Workshop “Preparing Libraries for 2030 Inculcating Creativity Innovation and Re-Engineering” on 14 To 16 Oct 2014 Jointly Organized by DESIDOC & INMAS.
- Participated and Presented a Paper in Two day National conference on Trends in the Management of Academic Libraries in a Digital Environment (TMALDEN-2014) Paper Presented“ Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) Usage at Indian Academy Degree College, Bengaluru” Organized by the Learning Resource Centre Jain University, Bangalore During 19-20 Dec 2014.
- Attended two days SRUJANA Every Year from 2015 To 2018
- B-Participated in one day workshop on Total e- solutions for Libraries at Bangalore Organised by FOCUZ on 9th Dec 2016.
- Participated in One Day Workshop On DELNET Discovery services, open source software, emerging trends in LIS services communication skills for LIS professionals, and academic integrity organized by DELNET- Developing Library Network, New Delhi in collaboration with Christ University Bangalore held at Christ University Bangalore on Tuesday April-11-2017.
- Participated in One Day National Conference on Innovations and Research in Cloud Computing –Presented a Paper On the Use of cloud Computing in Library Services (NCIRCC-2017) organized by IADC-A Department of Computer Science on 28th April 2017.
- Participated in One Day Workshop on the Basic Application of SPSS in Research Organized by the Department of Economics IADC-A on Wednesday, 23rd August 2017.
- Participated in One Day Annual Faculty Development Programme on “Quality Initiatives in Assessment & Accreditation process of NAAC’s Revised Framework '' on Thursday,11th July 2019 organised by IQAC.
- Participated in Two Day National Workshop on Library Automation with KOHAorganized by Krupanidi Degree College, Bangalore, Karnataka, on 16th and 17th December 2019.
- Participated in One Day National Symposium on “Digital Education Emerging Paradigms in Higher Education in 21st Century” jointly organised by Guru AngadDev Teaching Learning Centre of MHRD under PMMMNMTT and Indian Academy Degree College- Autonomous held on 7th January 2020 at IADC-A Bangalore.
- Participated in One Day State Level Symposium on “The Future of Academic Libraries: Technology, User and Services” held on 29th February 2020 at Seshadripuram Evening Degree College Bengaluru.
- Attended more the 100 Webinars and workshops in 2020 To 2022.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Received Letter of Appreciation for Lecture on “User Information about E-Resource Centre” held on 14th August 2010 at IASMS Campus.
- Passed the ISO 9001: 2015 Awareness and Internal Auditor training course on 26th and 27th November 2018.
- Sector officer and Counting Supervisor in General Election 2019, Bangalore Central Parliamentary Constituency.
- Received Letter of Appreciation from IADCA in 25 National & International Webinars between 23rd March to 30th May 2020.
- Email: email@example.com
Library & Information Centre
- M S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bengaluru - 560052