IQAC Organizing Seminar On - Role of IQAC in Autonomous Status
Title: One-day Seminar on “Role of IQAC in Autonomous Status”
Organising Department: IQAC, MSRCASC, Bengaluru
Date of the event: 18th May 2023
Venue: Sir M Visvesvaraya Auditorium
Participants: Faculty, MSRCASC
Number of people attended: 98
- Dr. Madappa M.B. Director of IQAC, St Joseph's University, Bengaluru
- Dr Syed Wajeed, Former Director, IQAC, Currently IQAC Advisor, St Joseph's University, Bengaluru
Objective of the Seminar
IQAC management strategies and implementation at Autonomous College.
To understand the importance of every criteria and learn how to develop strategies to maintain them.
Overview of the Seminar
It started with the Ramaiah anthem followed by invocation and lighting of the lamp by dignitaries. Later, IQAC Coordinator Prof. Vijayalaxmi Ramesh welcomed the gathering followed by an overview of the seminar. Succeeding that, principal, Dr. Vatsala. G addressed and enlightened the gathering with her encouraging words. This was followed by the invited talk from the first resource person Dr. Syed Wajeed, Former Director, IQAC, Currently IQAC Advisor, St Joseph's University, Bengaluru who addressed on curricular aspects. Further the session was taken over by the second resource person Dr. Madappa M.B, Director of IQAC, St Joseph's University, Bengaluru who spoke about the Evaluation approaches and documentation by teachers at classroom level, data recording and maintenance related to research and innovation, audit, records and upgradations, best practices and other documentation related details. This was followed by Question and Answer session. The seminar was concluded with vote of thanks by IQAC Deputy coordinator Dr Akshata G Athreya followed by National Anthem.
Overview of the Seminar
Understanding of Criteria Details:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the various criteria and standards applicable to the College. Identify and interpret the specific criteria relevant to documentation work in the College.
- Documentation Skills: Develop proficiency in creating, organizing, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation for different department processes.
- Research and Information Gathering: Utilize effective research techniques to gather relevant information required for documentation purposes. Identify credible sources and critically evaluate information for accuracy and relevance.
- Effective Communication: Communicate complex information clearly and effectively through written documentation. Present documentation in a concise and professional manner, ensuring clarity of content and purpose.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance: Understand and adhere to established standards, guidelines, and regulations related to documentation work. Implement quality control measures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency of documentation.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborate with different departments and stakeholders to gather information and incorporate feedback into documentation. Contribute to a positive team environment by actively participating in discussions and sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Continuous Improvement: Engage in ongoing professional development to enhance documentation skills and stay updated with emerging trends and best practices. Evaluate and refine documentation processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness in capturing and communicating information.