Ms. RAMYA KUMARI B S
Name: Ms. Ramya Kumari B S
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc., MPhil, KSET, (PhD)
Year of Joining: 2018
Work Experience: 15 Years - Teaching
1 Year - Worked as JRF (Junior Research Fellow) in Central Sericulture Research Institute, Mysore
Nano Material and Silk Protein
- Malla Sudhakar, Ramya Kumari B. S., Poornashree M., Ankitha Gour, and Sahani Sultana and Saroj Mahala” Antiurolithiatic activity of neem leaves in existing renal calculi by invitro methods” European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016, Vol. 3, issue.3 214-217.
- Malla Sudhakar, Ramya Kumari B. S., Kiran H K, Basavaraj M B, Gowthami K, Savitha M V, and Purushotham R “possible heavy metal (pb, mn, & cu) accumulation in fresh water and waste water irrigated vegetables.” European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016, Vol.3 isuue.9, 167-170.
- Ramya Kumari B. S. “Ongoing Clinical and Immunization Trials for Novel Zoonotic Covid -19 Pandemic” Sumerianz Journal of Biotechnology, 2021, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 85-93 ISSN(e): 2617-3050, ISSN(p): 2617-3123.
Research Grants Received:
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) Student Project in the academic 2019-2020
Title: utilization of tasar pupae (Antheraea mylitta) for biodiesel production: an alternative and green approach
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) Student Project in the academic 2020-2021
Title: “Implementation of Tasar silkworm pupae (Antheraea mylitta Drury) as an alternative new source of dietary protein for animal feed”
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) Student Project in the academic 2021-2022
Title: Extraction and characterization of refined oil from tasar silkworm pupae (antheraea mylitta drury); a boon to commercial industries
- Seedmoney Grant Inhouse - Grant Number and Year - 2 May 2022
Title: Synthesis of fumaramide derivatives of Lanthanum (III) complexes and their screening for AChE and BuChE inhibition activities
Presentations in International Conferences
- Recent Advances in Allied Health and Biological Sciences held on 18th and 19th November 2022.
- International conference on Applied research in Engineering sciences-(ICARES-2022) held on 24th & 24th November 2022.
- International conference on the web entitled Covid 19: Road Map to future Environment held on 5th June 2020 organized by Department of Botany St Johns College, Agra, India.
- International Webinar Conference on “Impact of Natural Bioactive Compounds for the treatment of covid-19 Diagnostic Challenges and Futuristic Perspectives” on 30th-31st May 2020 Organized by Hericure Health Care Group Pune, India in collaboration with University Kwazulu Natal, Durban, South Africa.
- First International conference on Life Health and Chemical sciences (ICLCHS) in RCASC, Bangalore from 24th October to 26th October 2019.
- 3rd International Conference on interdisciplinary approach in science and technology (ICIAST) in Singapore from 25th to 28th May 2019.
- 2nd International Conference on interdisciplinary approach in science and technology (ICIAST) in Sri lanka from 25th to 28th May 2018.
Presentations in National Conferences
- Presented paper in XIII Agriculture Science Congress, University of agriculture sciences, held on 21st to 24th February,2017 Bengaluru.
- Presented paper in international symposium on medicinal plants and herbal durgs in human and livestock wealth A Global prospective in Chennai from 29th to 31st January 2016.
- Presented paper in 10th Annual Conference of Karnataka Science and Technology Academy 2018 in Reva university from 18th to 19th 2018.
NATIONAL LEVEL WORKSHOP
- “TWO DAYS NATIONAL LEVEL WORKSHOP ON “POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION - TYPES AND APPLICATIONS” organized by the Department of Biotechnolo?y, Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women, Autonomous, Bengaluru, on 28th to 29th June 2021.
- International e-Workshop on “Docking, QSAR and Molecular Dynamics” jointly organized by Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah Institute of Technology and Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India in association with IEEE-EMB MSRIT student chapter and SRIGEN-Society of Biotechnologists from 29th to 31st July 2020.
- Workshop on Fluorescence in materials and its applications organized by Janatha education Society® Vivekananda degree College Department of Physics and Chemistry held on January 28th to 29th 2019.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
BOS & BOE member:
BOS (Board of studies) in Biochemistry (UG) Member for Bengaluru City University for a period of 3 years (2021-2024)
- Bengaluru City University for the academic year - 2020-21,2021-22 & 2022-23.
- Bangalore North university for the academic year - 2020-21.
- Govt Science College, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2019-20.
- Maharani Ammani College, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2019-20.
- Reva University, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2019-20.
- Kristu Jayanthi, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2019-20.
- Govt Science College, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2018-19.
- Maharani Ammani College, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2018-19.
- Reva University, Bengaluru for the academic year - 2018-19.
- Kristu Jayanthi, Bangalore for the academic year - 2018-19.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India