DR SNEHALATHA V
- Qualification: MSc(Ag) , PhD, NET
- Department: Department of Microbiology
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience: 20 Years
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic / Professional Achievements
- Approved research supervisor for Doctoral Research Program at Ramaiah University of Applied Science, Bangalore
- Biodegradation of cellulosic waste by microorganisms isolated from Urban Solid Waste and Natural Substrates. (2020)
- Isolation and Screening of Plasmid Conferring its Ability to Degrade Aromatic Hydrocarbons – Benzene and Toluene. (2019)
- Screening of pigment producing bacterial isolates from diverse sources and the effect of extracted pigments on potential pathogens. (2018)
- Screening of Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Anticancerous activity of Schizophillum commune and Auriculariaauricula(2018)
- Antimicrobial activity of chemical and natural antimicrobials against potential food borne pathogens isolated from meat, chicken and fish samples. (2017)
- Isolation, Screening and Characterization of Cellulolytic Bacteria, Determination of Their Cellulolytic Potential. (2017)
- Isolation, Enumeration and Antibiotic Susceptibility of Predominant Microbes Associated with Mobile phones and Currency notes. (2016)
- Isolation of antibiotic resistant microorganisms from poultry litter and assessment of the effect of natural antimicrobial spices against them. (2015)
- Study of sanitizing efficiency of different disinfectants used in food establishments. (2014)
- Isolation of PGPR from soil and their effect on plant growth. (2013)
- NATP on “Nutrient Resource Management through Urban Waste Recycling” at UAS, Bangalore.
- DBT-DST on” Development and demonstration of value added vermicompost through biotechnology to the farm women in the southern parts ofKarnataka”. at UAS, Bangalore.
- Vemula Vani, Snehalatha V, Rachel Nishitha, Hima S, Arpitha B Hegde, Structure based design and functional evaluation of potential inhibitors against HPV E6 protein, abstract, AICTE Sponsored E-Conference on Recent Trends and Technologies in Biotechnology and Allied Sciences, November 5-7, 2020, Organized by Department of Biotechnology, M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru-560054
- Srilakshmi R, Sarangi Menon, Chaitra K Shetty and Snehalatha V. “Assessment of Anti-microbial, Anti-oxidant, and Anti-cancer activity of Curcuma longa, Hibiscus rosa-sinensis”,1st International conference on Life, Chemical and Health Sciences (ICLCHS) organized by Dept. of Life sciences, Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce in association with KSTA, Bangalore from 24th – 26th Oct, 2019
- Chethan G R Murthy, Priya Rani, Vedashree V.S, Ranjitha R, Snehalatha V “Isolation and Screening of Plasmid Conferring its Ability to Degrade Aromatic Hydrocarbons – Benzene and Toluene”.1st International conference on Life, Chemical and Health Sciences (ICLCHS) organized by Dept. of Life sciences, Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce in association with KSTA, Bangalore from 24th – 26th Oct, 2019
- AchalaAshwath, Chithralekha Sen Roy, Neha Anjum, Noor Misbaand Snehalatha V. 2018. Screening of pigment producing bacterial isolates from diverse sources and the effect of extracted pigments on potential pathogens.International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Publication. 4(1) 01-07
- KhaidemAnand Singh, KhoisnamLuxmiChanu and Snehalatha V. 2018.screening of Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Anticancerous activity of Schizophillum commune and AuriculariaauriculaInternational Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Publication. 4(1) 08-12.
- Snehalatha V., Rajashree S., SuchethnaSaha, Chhayakumari,Deepakumari,and Kiran topno, 2017, isolation of PGPR from soil and their effect on plant growth.LILAVATI-10, 191 -194.
- SuchethnaSaha, Rajashree S., Payel Sarkar and Snehalatha V., 2017. Glioblastoma and its modes of treatment: A Review. LILAVATI-10, 160 -165.
- J Raj, H Amulya, V Snehalatha, 2017. Isolation, Screening and Characterization of Cellulolytic Bacteria, Determination of Their Cellulolytic PotentialInternational Journal of Advance Research Ideas And Innovations In Technology, 6(4)215-219.
- V Snehalatha, R Malashree, P Soni Isolation2016, Enumeration and Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Predominant Microbes Associated with Currency Notes.Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci, – ijcmas.com
- Snehalatha, V., Boby, V. U. and Balakrishna,A.N., 2004, Changes in soil enzymes in an Alfisol incubated with organic amendments. Asian journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, 6(2), 249-252.
- Snehalatha, V., Boby, V. U. and Balakrishna,A.N., 2004, Response of Finger millet (Eleusinecoracana) to the combined inoculation of AM fungi and different organic amendments GEOBIOS, 31(2), 146-151.
- Snehalatha, V., Boby, V. U. and Balakrishna,A.N., 2003, Changes in microbial biomass in an Alfisol incubated with organic amendments.GEOBIOS, 30(2), 238-241.
- Biochemical and enzymatic changes during bio composting of urban waste and sugar cane based organic residues.
- Urban waste and agro based organic compost as nutrient resources.
- Studies n fate of decomposition of urban waste and coir pith.
- Bio conversion of urban waste and poultry manure and field evaluation of composts.
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and poultry litter
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and sugarcane based residues
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and coir pith
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and areca husk
Conferences/ Seminar / Workshops/ FDPs – Attended
- Participated in the university distinguished lecture titled “Art of Science in The Time of Virus and Beyond: The Brave New World” delivered by prof. Ashutosh Sharma, secretary, Department of Science and Technology (DST), GOI. organized by SRM University – AP held on 5th Dec 2020.
- Participated in an online workshop on INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS(patents and copy rights: concept and filling procedures) organized by St. josephs college (Autonomous) and VTPC Govt. of Karnataka organization) on 26th August 2020
- Attended Online FDP on “Didactics for online teaching” organized by Department of Management Studies, RCASC, Bangalore, on 2nd July 2020.
- Attended 5 days Online FDP on “Online Teaching during Covid-19 Pandemic” organized by RCASC, Bangalore, on 23rd to 27th June 2020.
- Attended Two weeks FDP on “E-Learning Resource Creation- A Beginning Towards New Era of E-Learning” organized by D.Y. Patil college of Engineering and Technology, Kolhapur on 8th to 20th June 2020.
- Participated in 107th Indian Science Congress held at university of agricultural sciences, GVVK, Bangalore from 3rd to 7th January 2020.
- Participated in one-day Faculty Development Program on "E-Resource and Digital Content" organized by Department of Library and Information Centre in association with IQAC, RCASC, Bangalore on 21st September 2019.
- Involved in organizing committee of Symposium on “Nanotechnology- Fundamentals, Applications and Commercialization” organized by Department of Microbiology, RCASC, Bangalore on 19th September 2019.
- Participated in Training Program on "Flow Cytometry Workshop" organized by Cytometry Solutions Pvt. Ltd in association with Department of Microbiology, RCASC, Bangalore on 16th September 2019
- Attended National Level Webinar on “Covid-19: Dimensions and Directions” organized by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women, Autonomous, Bangalore on 15th May 2020.
- Organizing committee member of 1st International Conference on Life, Chemical and Health science 24th to 26th October 2019. At RCASC, Bangalore.
- Organizing committee member of symposium on Nanotechnology – Fundamentals, Applications and Commercialization on 19th September 2019. at RCASC, Bangalore.
- Attended Industry orientation programme by the Biocon QA team, at Biocon Academy, Bangalore on 16th and 17th April, 2019.
- Organizing committee member of workshop on Analytical techniques in Bacterial Proteomics on 5th and 6th march 2019 at Department of Microbiology.
- Part of organizing committee for Micro-fest 2019 on “Concepts and New Challenges in Antibiotics” by Department of Microbiology on 26th and 27th of March 2019 at RCASC, Bangalore.
- Active involvement in National Science Day celebration on the theme “Science for People and People for Science” at RCASC, Bangalore on 8th March 2019
- Organized PG Cultural fest:2018-19
- Attended 3rd National Seminar on “New methodology of Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC- Issues and Challenges”, Organized by IQAC- Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and Commerce on 11th of April 2019.
- Attended a Technical workshop on Cytoflex- flow cytometry Applications in Biotechnology” jointly organized by the Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah Institute of Technology and Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, 4th -9th June2018
- Attended Indian Science Academy sponsored lecture workshop on Recent Trends in Cancer Biology atM S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce. 20th -21st February 2018.
- Attended Science Academies sponsored lecture workshop on Proteins in Drug Discovery and Design, organized by Chemistry and Biochemistry, Maharani college for Women, Bangalore,1st and 2nd February 2018
- National Conference on “Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India” organized by Indian Science Congress Association Bangalore Chapter and M.S.Ramaiah College, Bangalore, 2017
- Co-chaired a session in 10th National Women’s Science Congress at M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce.6th – 7th November2017
- Active participation in National Science Day-2017, Theme: “Pollution and Health: A Current Scenario”, 28th February2017
- Active participation in one-day symposium on” health and safety Trends on anti- nutritional for sustainable health” –Bioblooms2016, organized by department of life sciences,M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce. 25th November2016
- Judged a poster presentation competition on Milk and Dairy Health on 29th September 2016.
- Attended Five Day Faculty development programme on” Applications of Biotechnology in Natural product development”, organized by MSRIT, Bangalore, 28th June – 2nd July, 2016.
- Training workshop on “Tobacco cessation counseling for teachers at MSR dental college and hospital Bangalore , 2014
- Training workshop on “Tobacco cessation counseling for teachers at MSR dental college and hospital Bangalore , 2014
- Presented a poster entitled “The Sanitizing efficiency of different disinfectants in food processing units” in the national conference on Recent advances in biosciences at MSRCASC on 28th march 2014
- Training on “Application of statistics for academic excellence using MS- EXCEL on 5th December 2013 at M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce
- Science academic lecture workshop on Microbial genomics on 19th and 20th September 2013 at Maharani Science college for women, Bangalore
- Workshop on “Basic tools in bioinformatics” organized by M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce on 11th and 12th September 2013.
- Training programme on “PCR Techniques” organized by department ofmicrobiology in association with Aristogen Biosciences on 28th July 2013 atM S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce
- Open lecture series -2013 held at M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce on 23rd July 2013
- NAAC sponsored workshop at M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce ON 16th April 2013
- National science celebrations on 23rd and 24th February 2012 at M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce
- DBT sponsored popular lecture series on the theme “Biotechnology in health care”on 6th April 2011
- Agricultural biotechnology seminar conducted by Monsanto India limited on 14th march 2008 at UAS,Bangalore
- Seventh national symposium on soil biology and ecology, 2001, Bangalore India.
- Symposium on biology and environment, organized by M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce, on 8th and 9th of October 2007.
Awards and recognitions (Doctorate, Post Doc, fellowships/ Best papers)
- Ph. D (Agriculture Microbiology): 2005
- Thesis: Qualitative and quantitative assessment of organic manures on soil microbial biomass and soil health
- Senior research fellow (NATP) on “Nutrient Resource Management through Urban Waste Recycling” at UAS, Bangalore,
- Research fellow (DBT-DST) on” Development and demonstration of value added vermicompost through biotechnology to the farm women in the southern parts ofKarnataka”. UAS, Bangalore.
- Selected for women scientist project sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, 2016
Contribution to development of institution
- Organized National Conferences, Workshops, Symposiums and Seminars at our institution.
- Cultural coordinator (PG).
- Active involvement in conducting sports activities at the college.
- Procter for PG students.
- Consistently maintaining the reputation of the college in achieving cent percent PG results.
- Efforts in upholding the Brand name of the college.
- Active involvement in Cultural and sports activities of the college.
- Areas of research interest: Agriculture, Food and Environmental microbiology
- Proficiency in handling both UG and PG Courses
- Guiding students for the research
- Examiner for Bangalore University
- Board of studies (2017) Department of Microbiology, DayanandSagar University, Bangalore