DR. BHARATH K. DEVENDRA
Name: Dr. Bharath K Devendra
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
Year of Joining: 2021
Work Experience: 7 Years - Teaching, 1 Year - Industry, 3 Years - Research
Important research areas of interest include the electrodeposition of noble metals on SS304 (stainless steel) as a substrate and the mitigation of IGSCC (Intergranular Stress Corrosion Cracking) in Boling Water Reactors (BWRs), one of the sources to generate electricity. Also works on the development of electrodes for electrocatalytic water splitting for hydrogen generation, the degradation of dyes by photocatalytic techniques, and antibacterial activities.
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen (2019). A Review on Noble Metals in Controlling Intergranular Stress Corrosion Cracking in BWRs. International Journal of Applied Engineering and Management Letters (IJAEML), 3 (1): 53-59, ISSN No 2581-7000.https://zenodo.org/record/2653464
- Manohar Rathod, S.K. Rajappa, B.M. Praveen, B.K. Devendra. Investigation of Dolichandra unguis-cati leaves extract as a corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acid medium. Current Research in Green and Sustainable Chemistry. 4(2021), 100113.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crgsc.2021.100113 (Elsevier)
- Jyothi S. Kavirajwar, S. Basavanna, B.K. Devendra. An investigation on corrosion properties of bright Zn?Ni alloy coated mild steel. Electrochemical Science Advances, e2100097.2021.https://doi.org/10.1002/elsa.202100097 (Wiley)
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, D.H. Nagaraju, K.O. Nayana, Hydrogen Evolution Reaction by Platinum Coating. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions A: Science, 45, 1993-2000 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40995-021-01220-2 (Springer, Q3, IF-1.55)
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, D.H. Nagaraju and K.O. Nayana. Pt-Rh Alloy Catalysts for Hydrogen Generation developed by Direct Current/Pulse Method. Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, 19, 1913-1922 (2022).https://doi.org/10.1007/s13738-021-02433-3 (Springer , Q3, IF-2.27 )
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, G. Nagaraju, D.H. Nagaraju, K.O. Nayana. Highly Corrosion Resistant Platinum-Rhodium alloy coating and its photocatalytic activity. Inorganic Chemistry Communications. 134 (2021), 109065.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inoche.2021.109065 (Elsevier , Q2, IF-3.45)
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, G. Nagaraju, K.O Nayana D.H. Nagaraju. Platinum Coating on SS304: Photocatalytic Dye Degradation Application. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions A: Science. 46,137–145 (2022).https://doi.org/10.1007/s40995-021-01250-w (Springer , Q3, IF-1.55)
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, H.P. Prashanth Kumar, K.R. Chethana. The development of platinum- rhodium alloy coatings on SS304 using a pulse/direct electrodeposition technique and their application to antibacterial activity. Journal of the Indian chemical society. (2022), 100466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jics.2022.100466 (Elsevier, Q4, IF-0.35)
- M.R. Rathod, S.K. Rajappa, R.L. Minagalavar, B.M. Praveen, B.K. Devendra, A.A. Kittur, Investigation of African mangosteen leaves extract as an environment-friendly inhibitor for low carbon steel in 0.5M H2SO4. Inorganic Chemistry Communications. 140 (2022) 109488.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inoche.2022.109488 (Elsevier, Q2, IF-3.45)
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, G. Nagaraju, Prasanna B.M, Shashank M. Development of Rhodium coatings by Electrodeposition for Photocatalytic Dye. Vacuum. 205 (2022) 111460.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2022.111460(Elsevier, Q1, IF-4.11)
- Varadaraj S, Shreeprakash B, B.M. Praveen, B.K. Devendra. The Effect of graphene content on the corrosion and mechanical properties of an electrodeposited Ni-Graphene coating. Applied Surface Science Advances. 11 (2022) 100310.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsadv.2022.100310 (Elsevier, Q2)
- B.K. Devendra, B.M. Praveen, V.S. Tripathi, D.H. Nagaraju. Advanced Strategies for Hydrogen Generation by Rhodium Metal Catalysts Coated by the Electrodeposition Method. Applied Surface Science Advances. 12 (2022) 100320.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsadv.2022.100320 (Elsevier, Q2)
- Varadaraj S, Shreeprakash B, B.M. Praveen, B.K. Devendra. The characteristics of Electrodeposited Nickel composite coatings- A Review. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 9, 9 (2022) 160-168. (IRJET)
- J.K. Prasannakumar, G.K. Prakash, B. Suresh, B.E. Basavarajappa, H.S. Onkarappa , B.K. Devendra, S.G. Prasannakumar. Synthesis and Morphological Studies of Nanocellulose Fibers from Lignocellulosic Biomass in Ionic Liquid. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 35, 1 (2023) (AJOC, Q4, IF- 0.535)
Organic Chemistry, Electrochemistry & Materials Science.
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- The oral presentation entitled " A study on the electrodeposition of platinum on stainless steel in corrosion applications" in the two-day National Conference on "Exploring Innovative research and Developments in Chemical sciences" (EIRDCS-2019) organized by the Department of PG studies and Research in Chemistry Kuvempu University, held during 1st and 2nd March 2019.
- The poster presentation is entitled "A study on the coating of noble metal in BWR to prevent corrosion cracking." in the two-day National Conference on "Recent Innovation In Medicinal and Material Chemistry" (RIMMC-2019) Organized by the Department of studies in Chemistry, Mysore University, Mysore, held during 8th and 9th March 2019.
- Participated in the two-day International Conference on "International Conference on Nanotechnology" (ICNT-2019) Organized by Research & Innovation Council, Srinivas University, Mangaluru, held on 18th and 19th October 2019.
- The oral presentation entitled " A study on the electrodeposition of platinum on stainless steel in corrosion applications" in the 5 days of International Event on "Electrochemistry in Industry, Health and Environment" (EIHE-2020) organized by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and Board of Research in Nuclear Science BRNS), held during 1st and 2nd March 2020.
- Two-day International Virtual Conference on "International Conference on Nanotechnology" (ICETNN-2021). Organized by Research & Innovation Council, Srinivas University, Mangaluru, held on 6th and 7th August 2021.
- Email: email@example.com
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India