- Qualification : M.Sc, Ph.D
- Department : Assistant Professor
- Designation : Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Year of Experience :12
- E Mail : email@example.com
Academic and Professional Achievements
- Preparation and characterization of Rhizopus amyloglucosidase immobilized on poly(o-toluidine). P.C. Ashly and P.V. Mohanan. Process Biochemistry, 45 (8) 2010, 1422-1426.
- Activity of Diastase ?-Amylase Immobilized on Polyanilines (PANIs), P. C. Ashly, M. J. Joseph, P. V. Mohanan. Food Chemistry, 127, 2011,1808-1813.
- Metal flux crystal growth technique in the determination of ordered superstructure in EuInGe. U. Subbarao, P. C. Ashly, S. Rayaprol, C. S. Yadav, A. Svane, G. Vaitheeswaran, S. C. Peter, Crystal Growth and Design, 13 (2012) 352-359.
- Transition metal substituted Pd2Ge as efficient catalysts for the ethanol oxidation A. R. Rajamani, P. C. Ashly, U. V. Waghmare, S. C. Peter, ACS Applied Energy Materials. 2019, 2 (10), 7132-7141.
- Compressive strain induced by multiple phase distribution and atomic ordering in PdCu nanoparticles to enhanced ethanol oxidation reaction performance, P. C. Ashly, Shreya Sarkar, Saurav Ch. Sarma, Komalpreet Kaur, Ujjal K. Gautam, Sebastian C. Peter. Journal of Power Sources, 2021(506), 230168
Acedamic Conferences Participated
- FIC-06 (National seminar on Frontiers in Chemistry), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India. (24-25 March 2006).
- Mat Con 2007 (International conference on Materials for the Millennium), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India. (1-3 March 2007). Poster – Immobilization of ?-amylase on polyaniline.
- ICAM- 2008 (International Conference on Advanced Materials), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. (18- 21 February 2008).
- IYC 2011 (International conference on The International year of chemistry), Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka. (10-11 January 2011).
- New Chemistry Unit Day (National seminar), Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka. (2 August 2011).
- In-house symposium Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka. (November 2011).
- I2CAM-JNCASR I2CAM School on Clean and Renewable Energy Technologies via Chemical Route. (November 27 - December 2, 2017)
- FOCSTA-2020 (Frontiers of Catalysis Science and Technology and its applications), St. Joseph's College, Bengaluru, (10-11 January 2020)
- CRSI-NSC- 26, 26th CRSI- National Symposium in Chemistry. VIT, Vellur, (7-9 February 2020) Poster - Structurally tuned Pd-Cu Systems as Efficient Catalysts for Ethanol Oxidation Reaction.
- Multicomponent And Cascade Reactions – Webinar conducted by St. Joseph’s college, Bangalore, 2 June 2020.
- From minerals to futuristic functional materials –International webinar by St. Joseph’s college, Bangalore, 10 June 2020.
- Health for all through Ayurveda - The Science of Life- National webinar by Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore, 7 April 2021
- Safe and Nutritious Food - A key to boost IMMUNITY and fight INFECTIONS, National webinar by Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore, 8 June 2021.
- Nutrition and women health - National webinar by Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore, 13 September 2021.
Academic/ Professional Achievements
- Teacher’s Research Associate - Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Jakkur, Bangalore-64 11/2018 –till date
- Director - Breathe Applied Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.1/10/2016- 12/6/2019
- Assistant Professor - St. Joseph College (Autonomous), 36- Lalbagh Road, Bangalore 1/6/2016- 26/7/ 2020
- Managed Network Expert - Chegg India Private Limited. 11/4/2016- 27/10/2018
- Post-Doctoral Fellow - Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Jakkur, Bangalore-64 13/12/2010 – 12/12/2012
- Quality control analyst - Mangalodayam Herbal Pharmacy, Kerala, India (7/2003-7/2004)
- Project fellow Organic Chemistry Synthesis Division, National Chemical Laboratory. (NCL), Pune, India (1/2003- 5/2003)
Courses and Training attended
- Orientation program in catalysis research, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 2004
- JESCOL towards proactive partnership, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore-27, 2-4 December 2016
- Residential immersion program for faculties, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore-27. June 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Online Refresher Course in Chemistry for Higher Education, ARPIT course from SWAYAM portal, conducted by MHRD, July 2019- February 2020.
- Training on E-Content development: Strategies, Tools, and Opportunities, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore-27, May 13-20, 2020.
- Frontiers in Smart Learning. Faculty enrichment program by DBT-STAR scheme colleges, Bangalore cluster, 14-16 May 2020.
- Orientation on AQAR 2020- 21, M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore- 54, 17-23 May 2021
- Qualified CSIR- UGC NET 2005 Lectureship
- Qualified GATE with CGPA 89.14 in 2003
- Received ‘Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence’ (TARE) fellowship in 2018 from SERB-DST
- Fuel cells, Hydrogen Generation, Water Splitting
Current Research Project
- SERB- TARE grant (11/2018-11/2021), 18.3 Lakhs : A study on the ligand effect of boron family (B, Al, Ga, and In) as a co-metal in nickel based intermetallics towards hydrogen evolution reaction.
Completed Research Project
- SJC-Seed money (2/2018 – 7/2020), 2.5 Lakhs: Developing Pd- non-noble metal based intermetallic nanoparticles as stable and efficient anode catalysts for EOR in fuel cell.
- a) Co-ordinator of UG Chemical society, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore -27 from 2018-2020.
- b) Member of BOS and BOE in St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore -27 from 2017-2020