DR. K. VIJAYAKUMAR REDDY
- Qualifications: M.Sc., PhD
- Department: Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Designation: Professor
- Years of Experience: 32 Years (Teaching)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Research interest
Electrochemistry and catalysis Presently working on bio-assisted synthesis of metal hydroxide/oxide for electrochemical sensors.
No. of students guided for ph.D : 2 (Awarded by Bangalore University)
No. of students guided for M.phil : 1 (Awarded by Bharathidasan University)
No. of research papers published : 14 ( International and National Journals)
- UGC has provided Financial assistance to the Minor Research Project entitled “Chemical and electrochemical polymerisation of anilines using clay intercalated and zeolite encapsulated transition metal complexes as catalysts”.
- UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on Electrochemical Concepts: Materials for Energy Storage and Sensing (ECMESS- 2015). Two day seminar.
- “Titanium (IV) oxide, an efficient and structure sensitive heterogeneous catalyst for the preparation of azoxybenzenes in the presence of hydrogen peroxide,Volume 353, Issue 1, 31 January 2009, Pages 54-60”: Harikrishna Tumma, N.Nagaraju and K.Vijayakumar Reddy: Journal of Applied Catalysis A, General, 2009,
- “A facile method for the N-formylation of primary and secondary amines by liquid phase Oxidation of methanol in the presence of hydrogen peroxide over basic copper hydroxyl salts”:
Harikrishna Tumma, N.Nagaraju and K.Vijayakumar Reddy: Journal of Molecular catalysis Chemical A, 2009.
- “N-Alkylation of 2,6-dichloropurines hydrochloride with a variety of alcohols over alumina catalyst”: Harikrishna Tumma, N.Nagaraju and K.Vijayakumar Reddy: Synthetic communications, 2009.
“Synthesis of carbon nanotubes over transition metal ions supported on Al(OH)3”: H.Kathyayini, K.Vijayakumar Reddy, J.B. Nagy and N.Nagaraju: Indian Journal of Chemistry, 47-A, 2008.
- “Electrochemical oxidation of L-dopa at a carbon paste electrode”: Ronal J Mascarenhas, K. Vijayakumar Reddy, B.E. Kumaraswamy, B.S.Sherigara and V. Lakshminarayanan: Bull. of Electrochemistry, 2005
- “Architecture of a Novel Binucleating SNONS compartmental Ligand: Physicochemical investigation of its Metal complexes”: Anil Naik Satish annigeri, Umesh Gangadharmath, Vidyanand Revankar, Vinayak Mahle and K.Vijayakumar Reddy: Bull,chem.Soc.Japan, 2002.
- “Anchoring mercapto-triazoles on dicarbonyl backbone to assemble novel binucleating acylic SNONS compartmental Ligands”: Anil Naik Satish annigeri, Umesh Gangadharmath, Vidyanand Revankar, Vinayak Mahle and K.Vijayakumar Reddy: Indian Journal of Chemistry, 41-A, 2002.
- “An inexpensive carbon electrode from discharged transistor battery for potentiometric titratons-an alternative for platinum”; N.Nagaraju and K.Vijayakumar Reddy: J.Chem.Edu (India), 1995.
- “Cyclic Voltammetry and chronoamperometry of 2,4-dihydroxybenzophenone”: K.Vijayakumar Reddy and S.Jayarama Reddy: J.Electrochem.Soc., India, 1990.
- ” Electrochemical studies of 4-chloro-3-nitrobenzophenone”: K.Vijayakumar Reddy and S.Jayarama Reddy: Ind.J.Chem, 28 A, 1989
- “Voltammetric behaviour of 2-hydroxy-5-methylbenzophenone”: K.Vijayakumar Reddy and S.Jayarama Reddy: Electrochim Acta, 1986.
- Voltammetric and chronoamperometric studies of 2-hydroxy-5-chlorobenzophenone in different aqua-organic solvents and supporting electrolytes”: K.Vijayakumar Reddy and S.Jayarama Reddy: Ind.J.Chem, 25 A, 1986
- “Polarography and cyclic voltammetry of 4-chloro-4′-hydroxybenzophenone”: K.Vijayakumar Reddy and S.Jayarama Reddy: Bull.Electrochemistry, 1986
- “Voltammetric behaviour of hydroxybenzophenones”: K.Vijayakumar Reddy and S.Jayarama Reddy: Proceedings of III International Symposium on Advanced Electrochemical Science and tech., Madras, 1984
- Participated as delegate and Presented an oral paper in 1st International Conference on Life, Chemical, and Health Sciences (ICLCHS) from 24th -26th, October 2019, organized by Department of Life Sciences, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce in collaboration with KSTA, Department of IT, BT and Science and Technology, Government of Karnataka (GoK).
- Four days e-workshop on "Modern Analytical Techniques for Material Characterization" from 9th -12th November, 2020, organized by Department of Chemistry, GITAM School of Science, Bangaluru.
- Five days e-FDP on "Recent Trends in Material Science" from 2-11- 2020 to 16-11- 2020 organized by the Department of Chemistry, Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Bangaluru-57.
- Five days e-FDP on "Leading Research Trends in Biological Sciences" from 17th - 21st August, 2020, organized by Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangaluru.
- Five days e-workshop on "Emerging Applications of Nanotechnology" from 10th-14th August, 2020, organized by Department of Biotechnology and Department of Chemistry, Ramaiah Institure of Technology, Bangaluru.
- One day e-FDP on "Didactics for Online Teaching" on 2nd July 2020, organized by Department of Management Studies, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangaluru.
- Six days e-FDP on "Impact and Stratagies on Teaching and Learning of Engineering Sciences during Covid-19 Pandemic (ISTLESC-2020)" from 27th July to 1st August, 2020, organized by Department of Chemistry, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangaluru.
- Six days e-FDP on "Recent Trends in Biological and Environmental Sciences (RTBES-2020)" from 13 -18th January , 2020 organized by Department of Chemistry and Department of Physics, RIT, Bangaluru.
- Five days e-FDP on "Scope and Significance of Materials Science for Industry-Academia Collaboration (SSMSIAC-2019) from 29 July to 3rd August 2019, organized by Department of Chemistry & Department of Physics, Ramaiah Institute of Techn ology, Bangaluru.
Webinars attended - 05