MSc – Microbiology
About the Course:
The course studies the diversity of microbial types, how microorganisms can be used and manipulated to aid mankind and the detrimental effects (for example on health) of microorganisms.
The industrial visits and internships are arranged to allow the students to gain insight into the application of the subject in the industry. The curriculum has been designed to train the students in good lab practices and encourage them to expand their knowledge base by applying for projects and publishing papers.
Intensive lab works and project works are carried out to equip the students in microbiological techniques.
- Eligibility: BSc Degree of Bangalore University or any other University equivalent there to with any LIFE SCIENCE subject securing 50% marks in aggregate of all Optional Subjects.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc.,, Biotechnology/B.Sc Biotechnology (integrated) and Secured 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc Hons in Biotechnolgy, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, or Biology are also eligible with 50% marks in aggregate of all the optional subject.
- The following Graduates are also eligible (in absence of I, II, III above) with 50% marks in aggregate
- Bachelor in Agricultural sciences/Dairy Sciences/Horticulture/Forestry/Fisheries/Pharmacy/Engineering (Bio-Technology)/Medicine/Dental/Agricultural Engineering/Clinical Lab Techniques