Mrs. KARANAM KAVITHA
Name: Mrs. Karanam Kavitha
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Com, MBA, PGDFM, K-SET (Ph.D)
Year of Joining: 21/02/2008
Work Experience: 20 Years
My research area is "Financial Management". Keen on working in Accounting & Taxation area as well.
- Authored a book titled “Income Tax-II” published by Thakur publishers in 2017.
- Published a book chapter on “Indian Retail Industry-Changing Scenario after Covid-19” published by AVON Publishing House, 2022 ISBN-978-93-92632-04-4.
Income Tax, Costing and Taxation, GST, Corporate Tax Planning, SPSS, Research Methodology, Advanced Financial Management.
PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS
- Karanam Kavitha and Roopa H S (2015) “Changing BASEL reforms for Banking Sector” International Journal of Exclusive Management Research, April 2015- Vol 5 Issue 4 –Online –ISSN 2249-2585, Print- ISSN 2249-8672.
- Karanam Kavitha (2015) “Importance of Managerial Skills and Training at the Under Graduate Level” International Journal of Management of Focus, July- Sep 2015- Vol 5 Issue 3- Online – ISSN 2250-2971.
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Karanam Kavitha, Arun B S and Kiran M (2023) “The Emergence of UPI: In P2M Payments” at International Conference on “Issues and Challenges in Business Education and Information Technology” held on 8.02.2023 at VVS- Sri Puttaswamy First Grade College, Mysore.
- Roopa H S and Karanam Kavitha (2014) “Risk Management in Banks” an International Conference: ‘Risk Management through Financial and Commodity Markets’ , 25th and 26th September, 2014 ,Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore.
- Karanam Kavitha and Roopa H S (2015) “Reforms in Banking Sector through BASEL” International conference: Strategies for Sustainable Global Economy, 9th March, 2014, Sri Krishna Degree College, Bangalore.
PUBLICATIONS IN NATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Roopa H S and Karanam Kavitha (2013) “Measuring Student Satisfaction in B.Com course. A Case study at MSRCASC” National conference: Quality Improvement in Higher Educational Colleges, MSRCASC. Pg. No 81 – 84 ISBN -13-978-81-927564-0-0,2013.
- Karanam Kavitha and Roopa H S (2015)“FDI in Banking Sector”, National conference : Foreign Direct Investment in India- Prospects and Challenges, 27th and 28th March, 2015, Basaveshwara College of Commerce, Arts and Science , Bangalore.
- A Nagarathna and Karanam Kavitha ( 2016) “Role of Stakeholders in Quality Assurance in HEI’s” National conference: “Strengthening transparency in Higher Educational Institutions – A Quality Assurance Measure” to be held on 29/1/2016, St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore.
- Presented a paper on “Role of Benchmarking in Self Evaluation and Quality Assessment” at Three day National Conference on Benchmarking procedures and practices for Quality Enhancement in Higher Education at Christ University, on 22nd to 24th November, 2016
ONLY NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Successfully completed NPTEL course on “Principles of Management” in 2019.
- Successfully completed NPTEL course on “Working capital management “ (IIT Roorkee) in 2019.
- Successfully completed ARPIT course on “UGC -Refresher Course in Commerce” in 2020.
- Successfully completed NPTEL course on Business analytics and data mining Modeling using R (IIT Roorkee) in 2020.
- Successfully completed ARPIT Refresher course on “Pedagogical Innovations And Research Methodology (Interdisciplinary)” 2021.
- Successfully completed NPTEL course on “Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis” 2021.
- Successfully completed AICTE sponsored Short Term Training Program on “Advanced Financial Statement Analysis” conducted by SCMS Cochin School of Business from 3rd to 8th August, 2020.
- Successfully completed AICTE sponsored Online Faculty Development Program on “Risk Management for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)” conducted by SSN School of Management from 21st to 26th September, 2020
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Online Teaching , Learning and Evaluation with MOODLE & MOOC Platform” held on 13th and 14th July, 2020
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Participated in Debate ”Is Ethics necessary for Business” and won 2nd prize, on 6th Sep’ 2008 held at Garden City College , Bangalore.
- Chaired a session in National Level NAAC sponsored Virtual conference on “Best Practices and their Success Stories in HEI” held from 25th to 26th June 2021.
- Email: email@example.com
Department of Commerce – M.COM
MS Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce
Bangalore 560054, India