Dr. Vijayalakshmi T.N - Department of Biotechnology
Name: Dr. Vijayalakshmi T.N
Designation: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Biotechnology
Qualification: MSc. , PhD., (PGDMW)
Year of Joining: 2022
Work Experience: 6 years of Research and 7 years of Teaching
Subject Specialisation: MOLECULAR MARKERS, GENERAL MICROBIOLOGY, BIOCHEMICAL TECHNIQUES, PLANT TISSUE CULURE.
“Efficacy of molecular markers for genetic analysis and characterization of geraniol producing gene in wild collections of Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) Wats. from Karnataka”.
- Morphological and cytological (flow cytometry) studies
- Herbarium preparation, and submitted to NBPGR
- Endophyte isolation, sequences registered in NCBI gene bank
- Essential oil extraction and GC-MS analysis
- RAPD, AFLP and Isoenzyme analysis
- GeDH activity, transcriptome studies of GeDH gene
- Ploidy variation in wild Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) of different ecotypes using flow cytometry, international journal of Botany studies 2020.
- Variation of wild Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) in different ecotypes using molecular markers, paper published in international journal of Science and Research, volume 8 issue 3, March 2019.
- Morphological variation in Wild Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) of six different ecotypes, International Journal of Scientific Research, 2020.
- Morphological and Cytogenetic studies in wild species of Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) from Kodaicanal (T.N), Journal of Medicinal plant studies, 2017.
- Studies on Morphological, Anatomical and Epidermal layers in wild species of Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) from South India, 2016.
Project for M.Sc students on BIO-WEEDICIDE ACTIVITY OF THE PLANT DERIVATIVE (Parthenium hysterophorus). Paper presented in BENGALURU TECH SUMMIT- INDIA BIO 2019 and won 3rd Prize.
AFLP (Amplified fragment Length polymorphism) in University of Agricultural Sciences-G.K.V.K.
DNA finger printing in Hulimavu Biotech center
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Secured First Prize, for presentation, Research Conclave, International Conference in IIT Guwahati, in March 2019.
Secured 3rd prize for poster presentation, in Bangalore Tech Summit 2019, titled “Bio weedicide activity of Parthenium hysterophorus, controlling the growth of weeds”.
Herbarium prepared, and submitted to NBPGR
Endophyte isolation, sequences registered in NCBI gene bank
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Genetic diversity of wild Cymbopogon martinii (Roxb.) Wats using Isoezymes” paper presented in international conference, Research conclave 2019, IIT Guwahati, India. (Awarded first prize). .
- ‘B-chromosomes and Genetic diversiy’ presented in international conference, Research conclave 2019, IIT Guwahati, India.
- Data Science in FinTechs (in IIT Guwahati): Understanding data pipeline, Transparency vs accuracy in finance, personalizing financial recommendation, Crypto asset trading, etc.
- Intellectual Property Rights (in IIT Guwahati): A primer on Intellectual Property Rights, Basics of Patent, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Designs, Patent Writing and Searching.
- Attended XIV Triennial National Conference of IWSA on “Woman Led Science, Technology and Innovation” held from 11th -13th December 2019 at the ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition Hyderabad, Telangana State, India.
- Participated in the National conference on “Biodiversity and Bio-prospecting for sustainable Development – 2018, University of Mysore, Mysuru.
- One-week Faculty Development Program on BIOMOLECULAR SEPARATION TECHNIQUES conducted at Department of Biotechnology, BMS college of Engineering, Bengaluru.
- Participated in the National Symposium on “An integrated approach to Diagnosis and Therapy in Cancer”, conducted by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women on 7th and 8th March 2017.
- Science Academies, Lecture Workshop on DRUG DISCOVERY AND TARGET IDENTIFICATION in Mount Carmel college, Autonomous, Department of Biochemistry.
- Participated in the one-day orientation cum awareness program on E-DATABASE TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR FACULTIES AND RESEARCHERS OF Bangalore university.
- One-day Lecture series on CHARACTERIZATION OF NANO-MATERIALS held at R.V college of Engineering conducted by R.V college and BMS college of Engineering in association with IWSA (Indian woman scientist’s Association).
Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology
- M S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bengaluru - 560052