DR VEMULA VANI
- Qualification: MTech, PhD
- Department: Department of Microbiology
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Year of Experience: 16 Years
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic/ Professional Achievements
Area of Research
Drug discovery and Molecular modeling
- Approved research supervisor for doctoral research program of Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS)
- Guided 06 U.G (B. Tech Industrial Biotechnology) projects and 8 P.G (M.Sc Microbiology) projects related to Protein modeling, drug designing and Microbiology
Funded Research Projects
- “Structure based design and functional evaluation of potential inhibitors against HPV E6 protein” funded by internal funding from Ramaiah college of arts, science and commerce, Bengaluru for the duration of 2020-2023 ( Ongoing project)
- “In silico analysis of natural inhibitors against HPV E6 protein” funded by Karnataka State Counsil for Science and Technology for the academic year 2019-2020
Publications in International and National journals
- Vani V, Jayashree DJ, Navya KS, Akanchha, Zaman ST. Homology Modelling and in silico Characterization of Laccase from Lentinula edodes. Int. J. Pharm. Investigation, 2020;10(3):273-8
- Vemula Vani, Deepak K. Naik, , Leelamani B and Syed Faraz, Decolorization potential of bacillus species for removal of synthetic dyes such as malachite green and methylene blue, WJPR, 2018, Volume 7, Issue 15, 965-971
- Vemula Vani, Keerthika V, Manisha Lahiri , Monisha Sarkar, In silico analysis of natural antiviral compounds against HIV, ejbps, 2018, Volume 5, Issue 2 804-810.
- Vemula Vani, Poojitha S Pai, Srilakshmi R, Srilatha R and Sarangi Menon, synergistic antibacterial activity of honey and antibiotics against common upper respiratory tract microflora, proceedings of 10th National women’s science congress, 2017, 228-232.
- Vemula Vani, Mala Sayeda, Sucheta Banik and Stuti Chaki, In- silico analysis of natural antibacterial compounds targeting the proteases of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Wjpmr, 2016,2 (5), 2555-3301
- Ashwini K and Vemula Vani, Comparative modeling and in silico characterization of FtsH from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Int. J. Fund. Appl. Sci., 2016, Vol.5. No.1, pp. 16-22
- Vemula Vani, Moyurakhi Gogoi, Pradeep Kumar, Swati Krishnan, Homology modeling of signal peptidase I from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, MSR journal of sciences, 2014, Vol.1, No. 1, pp. 1-6.
- Vemula Vani, Sanjay Prasad and Sivanandham Muthukumaran, Synthesis and characterization of Ammonium benzoyl trimethyl chloride, International journal of current microbiology and applied scinces, 2014, Vol.3, No. 8, pp. 894-903.
- Vemula Vani and Sivanandham Muthukumaran, Cd40 ligand mimetic molecules activate B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin isotype switching, International journal of pharmaceutical, chemical and biological sciences, 2014, Vol.4, No. 3, pp. 640-647.
- Vemula Vani and Sivanandham Muthukumaran, Synthesis and characterization of N-benzhydrylbenzamide, Asian journal of chemistry, 2011, Vol.23, No. 5, pp. 2165-2168.
- Vani Vemula, and Sivanandham Muthukumaran, Biomimetic materials in regenerative medicine, International journal of contemporary Science, Engineering and Technology, 2010, Vol. 1, No. 1-2, pp. 91-99.
- Vani Vemula and Sivanandham Muthukumaran, Computational design of small molecules that mimic CD40L, International Journal of computational intelligence and health care informatics 2008,Vol 1, No.2, pp.68-75.
- Vinuselvi p, Abirami Veena R, Vani V, Sanjay Prasad, Ying Yang effect of IL- 10 in the incidence of cervical cancer, Advanced Biotech, VII( 06), Dec 2008.
- Vinuselvi P and Vani V, Polymerase switching, Advanced Biotech, Nov 2007.
- Sivanandham M and Vani V, Prospects of Edible Vaccines, Advanced Biotech, II(8), 2004.
- S. Jayanthi, V. Vani and M. C. Sashikumar, A technology transfer from developed nations on anaerobic digestion study of source sorted organic fractions of municipal solid waste using first order kinetics, Advances in Civil Engineering, Perspectives of developing countries, Vol II, 2003.
Publications in International and National conferences
- Vemula Vani, Snehalatha V , Rachel Nishitha , Hima S , Arpitha B Hegde, Structure based design and functional evaluation of potential inhibitors against HPV E6 protein, abstract, AICTE Sponsored E-Conference on Recent Trends and Technologies in Biotechnology and Allied Sciences, November 5-7, 2020, Organized by Department of Biotechnology, M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru-560054
- Vemula Vani, Syeda Tanzeela Zaman, Jayashree D J, Homology Modelling and in silico Characterization of laccases from Lentinula edodes,abstract, International conference on medidcinal plants and drug discovery, July 18th-20th , 2018, Bangalore.
- Vemula Vani, Syeda Tanzeela Zaman, Jayashree D J, Homology Modelling and in silico Characterization of laccases from Flammulina velutipes, abstract, International conference on medidcinal plants and drug discovery, July 18th – 20th , 2018, Bangalore.
- Published an abstract titled synergistic antibacterial activity of honey and antibiotics against common upper respiratory tract microflora in proceedings of 10th National women’s science congress, 2017, RCASC, Bangalore
- Vemula Vani, Moyurakhi Gogoi, Pradeep Kumar, Swati Krishnan, Homology modeling of signal peptidase I from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, abstract, Bioblooms-2014, MSRCASC, Bangalore.
- Vani Vemula, Sivanandham Muthukumaran, Computational design of small molecules that mimic CD40L, Proceedings of International symposium on Global trends in Biomedical informatics: Research, Education and Commercialization, 2008, Sai’s Biosciences Research Institute Pvt. Ltd., Chennai.
- Vani. V & Sivanandham. M, Structure based design of Small Molecules that Mimic CD40L binding site, Proceeding of National Seminar on Current Trends in Bioinformatics, 2007, Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineeing, Sri Perumbudur.
- Vani V, Bioinformatics and its applications, Proceedings of STTP on contemporary issues of Engineering, 2006, GCT, CBE.
- Vani, V, Bioinformatics in protein modeling, Proceedings of national seminar on Current trends in Bioinformatics, 2004.
- Sivanandham M, Jayanthi S and Vani,V, Overview on Edible vaccines, Proceedings of the National Seminar on GM Crops,2002.
- Sivanandham M, Ramakrishnan V, Vani V, and Jayanthi S, Review of Genetically-Modified Medicinal Plants, Proceedings of the National Seminar on GM Crops,2002.
- Vani, V and Leela Veereswari, B, Penicillin Allergy, Pharmacon 2000, Proceedings of the National Seminar, Andhra university, Visakhapatnam.
Seminars / conferences / workshops - Attended
- Attended FDP on outcome based education organized by InPods Edtech on May 1st 2020
- Attended webinar on How to diagnose Novel Corona Virus (covid- 19) ,organized by Crescent Innovation Incubation Council on May 4th 2020.
- Attended International level Webinar on “Covid-19 –Facts, Fears and Future” held on 25/06/2020 organized by A- Ameen Arts, Science and commerece college, Bengaluru
- Participated in the biopython training organized at Jama Mohamed college on May 30th 2020. This training is offered by the Spoken Tutorial Project IIT, Bombay and funded by the National Mission on education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. Of India
- Participated in webinar on “Antibiotics- why the crisis?” organized Bhavan’s Vivekananda College, Secunderabad on 15th May, 2020
- Five day online Faculty Development Program on “Online Teaching during COVID-19 pandemic” from 23rd to 27th June 2020 organized by IQAC, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bengaluru -54
- Participated in Webinar on "Research Capability Building – A Strategy to Promote Research Culture in Higher ” 12th to 14th May 2020 organized by IQAC Cell, Bhavan’s Vivekananda College - Autonomous, Secundrabad, India.
- Participated in the Webinar on “Key Notes to Write a Research proposal and funding opportunities in India – An Overview”, Organized by Department of Chemistry, St. Mother Theresa Engineering College,Thoothukudi, Tamilnadu on 26-06-2020.
- Three day online workshop on “Online Course Design, Development and Delivery” organized by Human Resource Development Centre , University of Hyderabad during May, 29-31, 2020.
- National level Webinar on “Covid-19:Dimensions and Directions” organized by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women, Autonomous, Bangalore held on May 15th 2020.
- Attended 1st International conference on Life, Chemical and Health Sciences ( ICLCHS) organized by Dept. of Life sciences, Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce in assosciation with KSTA, Bangalore from 24th – 26th Oct, 2019
- Attended Flow cytometry workshop on 16th September, 2019 organized by Dept. of Microbiology, RCASC, Bangalore.
- Six days FDP on 2D and 3D models of cell culture and their applications jointly organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, RIT, Bengaluru, Reagene Biosciences Pvt. Ltd. And HiMedia Labs Pvt. Ltd., from 17th to 22nd June 2019.
- Attended Industry orientation programme by the Biocon QA team, Biocon Academy, Bangalore on 15th April, 2019.
- Ateended 3rd National Seminar on “New methodology of Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC- Issues and Challenges”, Organized by IQAC- Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and Commerce on 11th of April 2019.
- Attended two days FDP on Intellectual property Rights on 17th and 18th December, 2018, organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, RCASC, Bangalore.
- Train The Trainer Program held by Life Sciences Sector Skill Development Council held at Bangalore – M S Ramaiah college from 29th Oct 2018 to 1st Nov 2018.
- One day National webinar on Nanobiotechnology on 15th October, 2018, organized by Microbiologists society, India and Sanjivani Arts, commerce and science college, Kopargaon.
- One day National level lecture workshop on Artificial intelligence in health care on 7th September 2018, organized by mLAC, Bangalore.
- One day FDP on effective pedagogical techniques for Today’s Google Era held on 04.09.2018 at Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce, Bengaluru.
- Attended National Science Day on” Science and Technology for Sustainable Future” organized by Departments of Science, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore on 8th and 12th March 2018.
- Attended two days Indian Science academies sponsored lecture workshop on Recent trends in Cancer biology organized by Departments of Science, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore on 20- 21 February, 2018
- Attended a programme on Women’s Health on 3rd March, 2018 at Ramaiah Memorial hospital Bangalore
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Applications of MS Excel in Academics and Research” organized by Dept of Biotechnology and Genetics, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore on 28th and 29th November 2017.
- Five days Faculty development programme on Applications of Biotechnology in Natural products development, Organized by MSRIT, Bangalore, 28th June- 2nd July, 2016.
- One day National workshop on Importance of Biostatistics and technical writing for the better understanding of life sciences, organized by MLACW, Bangalore, 14th Sep, 2015.
- Three days Indo- German conference on Bio- Inspred Chemistry, Organised by IISc, Bangalore, 10th- 12th Sep, 2014
- Attended Faculty Development Program on personality development from 10th- 12th July, 2014, organized by MSR college of Education, Bangalore.
- One day conference on ‘NAAC revised methodologies’, organized by MSRCASC, Bangalore, 2013.
- Two days workshop on ‘ Basic molecular biology techniques’, organized by department of microbiology, MSRCASC, Bangalore, 2013
- Attented two days International Conference on recent advances in Computational drug design at IISc, Bangalore on 16th and 17th September 2013.
- NAAC sponsored Workshop at M.S.Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore on 16th April 2013.
- Attended the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) Workshop conducted by Classle held on 2nd January 2013.
- Two days International symposium on ‘Global trends in Biomedical informatics: Research, Education and Commercialization’; organized by Sai’s Biosciences Research Institute Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, 2008
- Two days International Seminar cum Workshop on ‘Molecular modeling and Drug Discovery’; organized by Department of Bioinformatics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 2007
- Five days FTP on ‘Molecular techniques in Bioprocess Engineering’; organized by Dept. Of Biotechnology, Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2007
- Two days National seminar on ‘Current Trends in Bioinformatics’; organized by Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineeing, Sri Perumbudur, 2007
- One day National seminar on ‘Current trends in Bioinformatics, organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore,2004.
- Two weeks STTP on ‘Current trends in Genetic Engineering’; organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2004
- Two days National Seminar on GM Crops, organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, Sri Karpagam collegeof Arts & Science, Coimbatore, 2002
- Two days National Seminar, Pharmacon 2000, organized by Dept. of pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, 2000.
- Resource person for the Add-On Program on “Basic Tools in Bacterial Genomics” organized by department of Microbiology, RCASC from 4th to ^th March, 2020.
- One of the subject experts of the collaborative programme with Biocon academy, Bangalore, titled “Biocon Ramaiah certificate programme in quality control analytical”.
- Resource person for Add on program (Workshop) on “Analytical Techniques in Bacterial Proteomics” organized by Department of Microbiology, on 4th and 5th of March 2019. At RCASC, Bangalore.
- Certified Trainer for the job role of QC Chemist of LSSSDC