Dr. Triveni A G
- Qualification: MSc., PhD, K-SET
- Department: Department of Microbiology
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Experience: 5 Years Teaching, Research - 6 Years
- Email ID: email@example.com
Academic / Professional Achievements
Draft Genome submitted to NCBI
- Staphylococcus aureus strain smg07, whole genome shotgun sequencing ACCESSION NESW00000000, Mendem,S.K., Triveni,A.G. and Gaddad,S.M. RefSeq assembly accession: GCF_002738565.1
- Staphylococcus aureus strain smg11, whole genome shotgun sequencing ACCESSION NESV00000000, AUTHORS Mendem,S.K., Gaddad,S.M. and Triveni,A.G.
RefSeq assembly accession: GCF_002738585.1
- Staphylococcus aureus strain SA643, whole genome shotgun sequencing
ACCESSION JADFCJ000000000,AUTHORS Triveni,A.G., Mendem,S.K., Murugesan,D., Ojha,R., Shome,R.,Raisan,C., Holmes,M.A. and Shome,B.R.
RefSeq assembly accession: GCF_015209515.1
Corporate ExperienceAs a Senior Process Executive from Oct 2007 to Mar 2011 at Hewlett-Packard Private Ltd As Order Management Specialist at Thomson Reuters Private Ltd., Gulbarga, Karnataka (2011)
- Senior Research Fellow under Indian Council of Medical Research-FAO project titled “To build capacity for integrated surveillance of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in pathogen/ commensals in food producing animals, food of animal origin and their environment and foodborne pathogens in humans” at ICAR-NIVEDI, Bengaluru (2018)
- Senior Research Fellow at Indian Council of Agricultural Research: Indian Veterinary Research Institute in DAHD sponsored project entitled “Seromonitoring of Pre and Post Vaccinal Immunity against Foot and Mouth Disease Virus under National FMD Control Programme” located at Hebbal, Bengaluru.(2020)
- Research Associate for the European Commission funded Erasmus+ grant project titled “Risk Management and Prevention of Antibiotic Resistance-PREVENT IT!. Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal, Karnataka(2020)
Awards and Recognitions
- Selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship by UGC, NEW DELHI (2017)
- Triveni A, Suresh Kumar M, Manjunath C, Shivannavar C, Gaddad S (2018) Biofilm formation by clinically isolated Staphylococcus Aureus from India. J Infect Dev Ctries 12:1062-1066.(Sci Impact factor 1.3)
- A G Triveni, Suresh Kumar Mendem, C T Shivannavar, Subhaschandra M Gaddad. (2016). Vitex negundo leaves extracts against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Int. J. Pharm and Biol. Sciences. 6(3):55-59.
- Suresh Kumar Mendem, Triveni Alasthimannahalli Gangadhara, Channappa T. Shivannavar, Subhaschandra M. Gaddad, (2016). Antibiotic resistance patterns of Staphylococcus aureus: A multi-center study from India Microbial Pathogenesis 98: 167-170. (Sci Impact factor:2.5)
- A G Triveni, Suresh Kumar Mendem, C T Shivannavar, Subhaschandra M Gaddad (2016). Antibacterial and anti-biofilm activities of crude Lawsonia inermis against Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 9(6):1-3.
- Suresh Kumar Mendem, A G Triveni, C T Shivannavar, Subhaschandra M Gaddad (2016).Trends in prevalence of MRSA and VRSA in Gulbarga region. Int. J. Pharm and Biol. Sciences. 6(3):81- 8.
- Ram Kumar, Vijay Kumar Sedolkar, A. G Triveni, Mendem Suresh Kumar, Channappa T. Shivannavar, Subhaschandra M. Gaddad.(2016). Isolation, Screening and Characterization of L-Asperaginase producing fungi from medicinal plants. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci .8(1):281-28.
Conferences / Seminars / Workshops / FDPs / Training Programs - Attended
- One day national symposium on advances in chemical science conducted by department of chemistry Gulbarga university Kalaburagi and centre for Nano and Soft matter science(CeNS),Bangalore on 11th March 2016.
- Association of Microbiologist India (AMI-2015) sponsored 56th Annual conference & International Symposium on “Emerging Discoveries in Microbiology” was held at School of Life Science Convocation Centre from 7-12-2015 to 10-12-2015, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- A UGC sponsored and co-sponsored KSTA National Conference on “New Approaches and Concepts in Microbial Biotechnology” was held at Maharani’ Science College for Women from 29-09-2015 to 30-09-2015, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- National Workshop on Ethnobotany traditional knowledge-Access & benefit sharing(NWEBTK-2014) organized by S.P.W. Degree & P.G. College, T.T. Devasthanams, Tirupati, In Collaboration with Network of Indian Universities on Cultural & Biological Diversity(NIUCBD) held between 1st -3rd September 2014.
- Three days Lecture series in Microbiology organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Bangalore and Department of Microbiology, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, held between 27th – 29th October 2014.
- Two days KSTA regional conference on “Science and Technology for Development” organized by central university of Karnataka, Gulbarga during 30-31 January 2014.
- Handling Biosafety Level 2++ Laboratory, trained at Indian Council of Agricultural Research-National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics (ICAR-NIVEDI), Bengaluru.
- Worked as a Guest faculty at Government Science College, Nrupathunga road, Bengaluru (2007)
- Worked as a Senior NEET faculty at Deeksha at Sri Venkateshwara Group of Institutions, Bengaluru and Jajee foundation Gurukul College (2017)