Dr. Ramakrishnaiah T N - Bsc Biotechnology
Name: Dr. Ramakrishnaiah T N
Designation: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Biotechnology
Year of Joining: -
Work Experience: 19 years
Subject Specialisation: PREMCHAND
Pursued PhD in Applied Genetics at the dept. of Applied Genetics, Bangalore University, Bengaluru (2012-2017), on the Topic: “Molecular analysis of genetic variations in spider species (Arachnida: Araneae) of Karnataka, India”. Under the guidance and supervision of Dr. S. RAMAKRISHNA Professor, and Chairman, Department of Zoology, Bangalore University, and Co-supervision of Dr. JAYAPRAKASH, former Professor and Chairman, Department of Zoology, Bangalore University.
- Ramakrishnaiah T N, Hariprasad HK, Rajashekara S. Morphometric Analysis of Some Nymphalidae Butterflies (Rhopalocera) from the Bannerghatta Biological Park (BBP), Bengaluru, Karnataka. Indian Journal of Ecology. 2022; 49(1):256-9.
- Ramakrishnaiah T N Pratibha Ramadasappa, Shivashankar Mallaiah. Fluorescein Amidite (FAM) based RAPD barcodes for genetic analyses of mango (Mangifera indica) genotypes. Advances in Bioresearch 12 (5), 23-31
- Banu S, Ramakrishnaiah T N. Screening of Garcinia cambogia for in-vitro anti-cancerous activity against colon adenocarcinoma (Caco-2) cell line. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2018 Oct 31; 10(4):272-6.
- Ramakrishnaiah T N, Arunkumar S. Rapd profiling of oxyopidae spiders. Indian Journal of Entomology. 2019; 81(3):541-5.
- Ramakrishnaiah T N, A Nagarathna. Institutional social responsibility in Community outreach activities: A case study on M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce. De Paul Journal of Scientific Research 3 (2), 98-103.
- Ramakrishnaiah T N, Jayaprakash N, Ramakrishna S. Impact of urbanization on population dynamics of spider species in Bangalore. International Journal of Pure and Applied Zoology. 2016 Jan 1; 4(1).
- Ramakrishnaiah T N, S Ramakrishna, Jayaprakash.. Evaluation of genomic DNA spin-50 method for amplification of ITS2 gene in spiders. International Journal Of Zoology And Research (Ijzr) 5 (4), 5-10.
- Sowbhagya, R., Muktha, H., Ramakrishnaiah, T. N., Surendra, A. S., Tanvi, Y., Nivitha, K., & Rajashekara, S. (2023). CRISPR/Cas-mediated genome editing in mice for the development of drug delivery mechanism. Molecular Biology Reports, 50(9), 7729-7743..
- Dr.Ramakrishnaiah T N Genetic Variations In Spiders: A Molecular phylogenetic Approach. Lambert Academic Publications .
- H. Muktha, R. Sowbhagya, Annesha Roy, I.B. Harshitha Raj, M.D. Amulya, Radha Dayanidhi, T.N. Ramakrishnaiah, A.S. Surendra, Chapter 13 - Green synthesis of nanoparticles from Catharantus roseus and study of its therapeutical applications, Editor(s): Mital Kaneria, Kalpna Rakholiya, Chukwuebuka Egbuna, Nanotechnology and In Silico Tools, Elsevier, 2024, Pages 183-191, ISBN 9780443154577,
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Chairperson / Membership of Academic Bodies
- Memberships in Professional Bodies
- Memberships in Editorial Boards
- Examiner at PG level
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Attended National level seminar at New Horizon college on 29-01-16.
- Attended International seminar on 23 and 24th September 2016 at “Baldwin Methodist Women’s College”.
- Attended a seminar on 13th Jan 2017 at Central College..
- Communicative Sills Completed on 06/04/2020 score 100% organised by RCASC.
- Participated in the webinar on “old Tradition of Manuscripts Editing” organised by Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi on 20/05/2020.
- Participated Two days webinar topic “Varthamaan paripreksh me Santh Saahitya ki praasangikataa” organised by Bhaaratiya Vichar Manch, Nagpur on 27,28/05/2020.
- Participated webinar organised by Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain First Grade College on 22/05/2020.Topic “Covid-19 ke baad saahityik paridrishy”.
- Participated Webinar on 01/06/2020 organised by Dr. N. S. A. M. First Grade College topic “Varthamaan Samay me Hindi ki Shaikshanik Chunauthiyaa”.
- Participated in Faculty Development Program titled “Didactics for Online Teaching” on 02/07/2020 organised by Department of Management Studies.
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University of Bihar-INDIA in association with George Mason University, USA. on 17/07/2020. Participated International Lecture on “Post-Pandemic Gandhi” organised.
- Participated One Day National Webinar held on 25/07/2020 on Fighting Shadow Pandemic organised by RCASC Dept of English.
- Participated in the International Webinar on Advances in Microbiological Research held on 17th to 20th August 2020 organised by RCASC Department of Microbiology.
- Participated International Webinar on 05/09/2020 organised by R. N. More College Dhanbaad and Vishwa Sanskrit-Hindi Parishad, New Delhi.
- Participated in IQAC sponsored workshop on Understanding the Intricacies and Values of Intellectual Property Rights held on 10/09/2020.
- Participated in a webinar series on the occasion of Baharat Rathna Sri C. V. Raman and Madame Marie Curie Birth Anniversary, on 07/11/2020 organised by SVAK.
- Participated in a webinar series Dhanvanyari Jayanti (National Ayurveda Celebration Day) on 13/11/2020 organised by SVAK.
- Participated in International Kavi sammelan, organised by Vishwa Hindi Sachivalay, Mauritius, on 14.08.2021.
- Attended 7 days FDP on NAAC Criteria based International level programme organised by Seshadripuram Institute of Commerce and Management from 25.08.2021 to 31.08.2021.
- Kavi sammelan-International on 14 August 2021.
- Participated UGC Sponsored Short-Term Course on NEP 2020, Blending the Indigenous Knowledge with the Modernity.08-13 November ,2021.
- UGC.HRDC; Blending the Indigenous knowledge with the modernity- short term course 6 Days on 08-13th November ,2021.
- Participated International Conference on Depleting Natural Resources, Environmental crisis and Remedies in Jambhani Philosophy on 5-6/ June,2022.
FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECTS
Seed money, KSCST, DBT, DST
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Assistant Professor award (2020).
Department of Biotechnology
- M S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bengaluru - 560052