Area of Interest
- Approved research supervisor for Doctoral Research Program at Ramaiah University of Applied Science, Bangalore
- Received Most Fabulous Professor Award by World HRD Congress-2020 on 15th February 2020.
- Received Best Paper Presentation Award in the National conference on Phytochemicals and Microbial Active compounds, Role in Agriculture and Human Welfare, Organized by Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University on 3rd and 4th October 2019.
- Received Emerging Leader Award in the field of science during Higher Education Leader ship award and meet on 5nd January 2019 from Venus International Foundation
- Received Letter of Appreciation for the project done in association with RHP from Hein Boon, Director of RHP, Netherlands on 18th July 2017.
- MSc: 42 students
- “Biological control of Leucocoprinus in the organic growing media”- funded by Foundation RHP- Knowledge Center for Growing Media, The Netherlands.
- Isolation and Screening of potential Microalgae for prospective Biodiesel Production and studies on mutagenesis and screening of Chlorella sp. and Scenedesmus sp. mutants for high temperature and Carbon-di-oxideconcentration tolerance for utilization of CO2 in flue gases- Funded by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology, Government of Karnataka
As a resource person…
- Participated as a resource person and delivered a lecture on “Taxonomy of Mushrooms of Karnataka” in UGC sponsored State Level seminar on “Edible and Poisonous mushrooms of Karnataka” on 12th December 2014 organized by Vivekananda College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Puttur, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka.
Publications – Journal / Research
- Pushpa.H, Swetha.P, Vishal.M, and Vidhyashree (2020). Biological control of Fusarium wilt of Cajanuscajan, Bioscience, Biotechnology Research Communications, 13(4)
- Pushpa H, Kavya S, Pooja K, Sneha L and Varsha O Arer (2018). Isolation, identification and diversity of endophytic fungi from Catharanthus roseus and screening for their L-asparaginase activity. International Journal of Environment, Ecology, Family and Urban Studies 8(6): 7-18.
- Pushpa Hanumanthaiah, HaobamPriyata, KhwairakpamNomita Devi, NaniOnya, VijayalakshmiAshangbam. (2016).Isolation and screening of Lovastatin (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor) from edible wild mushrooms. Current Research in Environmental & Applied Mycology 6 (3): 190–196
- PushpaH, Ramya Shree N, Shibani P. Shetty and Ramesh DH. (2015).Screening of Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Anticancer Activity of Ruta graveolens. Advances in Biological Research 9 (4): 257-264.
- Akshatha.G.M, B.G.Jagadeesha Kumar, Pushpa H. (2015) Effect of Corrosion Inhibitors in ReinforcedConcrete International Journal of Innovative Research in Science,Engineering and Technology, 4(8) : 6794-6801.
- Pushpa.H, Mamatha. M.B, Kamalesh.D, Sujini Naiduand Ranjith.C. (2014). Bio-Ethanol production from the pods of Samaneasaman(Jacquin) Merrill - (Rain tree). International Review of Applied Biotechnology and Biochemistry, 2(1):169-178.
- Pushpa.H, Anand.M, Kashimaiah.P and Penugonda.J.V.Pradeep. (2014). Antioxidant and anticancer activity of TricholomagiganteumMassee an edible wild mushroom.
Academic Journal of Cancer research, 7(2):146-151.
- H. Chandrashekar.H, K.V.Lokesh, H.Pushpa, G.Ranganna (2014). Studies on Assessment of Tropic status of Lakes. International Journal of current Microbiology and applied sciences, 3(6): 245-254.
- Pushpa.H, Anand.M, Kashimaiah.P and Penugonda.J.V.Pradeep. (2014). Ganodermaapplanatum (Persoon) Patouillard as a source of anticancer and antioxidant agent. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 5(2): (B) 276-282
- Pushpa.H, Anand.M, Kashimaiah.P and Penugonda.J.V.Pradeep. (2013). Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of some of the selected Basidiomycetous fungi. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 4(4): (B) 964-971.
- Pushpa.H and Purushothama K.B. (2013). Psathyrellacandolleana var. indica a new variety from Karnataka state, India. International Journal of Biological Research. 1(1): 1-7.
- Jagadeesha Kumar B G, R Prabhakara, Pushpa H. (2013). Effect of Bacterial Calcite Precipitation on Compressive Strength of Mortar Cubes. 2 (3). 486-491.
- Jagadeesha Kumar B G, R Prabhakara, Pushpa H. (2013). Biomineralisation of Calcium Carbonate by different bacterial strains and their application in concrete crack remediation. International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, 6(1); 202-213
- Pushpa H,PurushothamaK.B, Ramesh Thirumalesh.DH.(2012). Taxonomy and Molecular characterization of Tricholomagiganteum and Calocybeindicaisolates for Bangalore. Journal of Biochemical Technology. 3(5):228-231.
- Pushpa, H., and Purushothama, K.B. (2012). Biodiversity of Mushrooms in and around Bangalore, Karnataka, India. American Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environment Sciences, 12(6):75-79
- Pushpa.H., and Purushothama, K.B. (2011). Leucocoprinus (Pat.) (Agaricaceae, Agaricales, Basidiomycota) in Bengaluru, Karnataka State, India. World Journal of Applied Sciences 14(3): 470-475.
- Pushpa.H, .Purushothama K.B. (2010). Nutritional Analysis of cultivated and wild edible medicinal mushrooms. World Journal of Dairy and Food Sciences,5(2):140-144.
- Pushpa.H, Purushothama K.B. (2010). Antimicrobial activity of Lyophyllumdecastes an edible wild mushroom, World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 6(5): 506-509.
Gene Sequences registration in NCBI Gen bank
- 1.Pushpa,H., Saritha,M., Akankasha,P., Arnob,R. (2016). Production of Pigment form Epicoccumsorghinum.GenBank:KX289695.1http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/KX289695
- 2.Pushpa,H., Swetha,P., Vishal Madan Mohan,S.M., VidhyashreeNingaraju,M. (2016). Lasiodiplodiapseudotheobromae as biocontrol agent. GenBank: KX289694.1http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/KX289694 3.Jagadeesha Kumar B G, R Prabhakara, Pushpa H. (2013). Bacillus flexus from India 16S ribosomal RNA gene, partial sequence NCBI GenBank: JX627772. http://www/ncbi.nih.gov/nuccoe/JX627772.1
- Pushpa.H, Purushothama.K.B and Ramesh.T.D.H.(2012). Calocybeindica isolate Bengaluru, Internal transcribed spacers 1, 5.8 ribosomal RNA gene, Internal transcribed spacer 2 and 28s ribosomal RNA gene, region. Accession No. JN874408. : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/JN874408.1.
- Pushpa.H, and Purushothama.K.B. (2011). Tricholomagiganteum Internal transcribed spacers 1, 5.8 ribosomal RNA gene, Internal transcribed spacer 2 complete sequence and 28s ribosomal RNA gene partial sequence. Accession No. JN006792.1: http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/nuccore/JN006792.1
- Pushpa.H, and Purushothama.K.B. (2011). Tricholomagiganteum Internal transcribed spacers 1, 5.8 ribosomal RNA gene, Internal transcribed spacer 2 complete sequence and 28s ribosomal RNA gene partial sequence. Accession No. JN192443.1: http://www/ncbi.nih.gov/nuccoe/JN192443.1
Publications in Proceedings
- Jagadeesha Kumar BG and Pushpa H (2018) Bacterial concrete for consolidation and strengthening of porous material. In 3rdinternational conference on Recent Advances in Engineering Sciences. Organized by Ramaiah Institute of Technology on 26th and 27th September 2018.
- Jagadeeshakumar B.G, Pushpa.H, Prabhakara.R. (2014). Eco-Bricks by Microbial Mineral Precipitation. International conference on recent advances in engineering sciences, 4-5 September 2014; 33.
- Chandrashekar.H, Lokesh.K.V, JoythiRoopa, Pushpa.H and Ranganna.G. (2014). Integrated studies on urban catchment management for restoration of water bodies. Indian Water works Association 46th Annual Convention; 159-167.
- Jagadeeshakumar B.G, Pushpa.H, Monica Swamy, Jayalakshmi.P, Pavan Kumar, Prabhakara.R. (2013). Sand stabilization by microbial calcite precipitation. Proceedings of two days National conference on Innovations and Challenges in Civil Engineering. 2013.
- Jagadeesha Kumar B G, R Prabhakara, Pushpa H. (2013). Microbiologically induced crack remediation-A review. Proceedings of International Conference on Bioenergy, Environment and Sustainable Technology. 41-42.
Paper presented in International conferences
- Pushpa.H. (2019) Screening for Pigment Producing microorganism with special reference to E.sorginum at international conference on sustainable agriculture, forestry and environmental management on 27th-29th November 2019 organized by V.Sivaram Research Foundation and Bai Shi Yin Organization, at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Pushpa.H, Saritha M, Akanksha Pandey, Arnob Roy and Swetha P (2018) Epicoccum sorghinum as a potential source for pigment production. In 3rdinternational conference on Recent Advances in Engineering Sciences. Organized by Ramaiah Institute of Technology on 26th and 27th September 2018.
- Pushpa H, Kavya S, Pooja K, Sneha L and Varsha O Arer (2018). Isolation, identification and diversity of endophytic fungi from Catharanthus roseus and screening for their L-asparaginase activity. In an international conference on medicinal plants and drug discovery, organized by Society of conservation and resource development of medicinal plants, New Delhi, India and V.Sivaram Research foundation on 18th -20th July 2018.
- Pushpa.H, Mamatha. M.B, Kamalesh.D, Sujini Naidu and Ranjith.C. (2014). Bio-Ethanol production from the pods of Samaneasaman(Jacquin) Merrill - (Rain tree). International conference on Recent Advances in Engineering Sciences. On 4-5 September organized by MSRIT.
Paper presentation in National Conferences
- Pushpa.H, SuchetanaSaha, Chandrika Das Chowdhary, PallaviGuha, Pol Robson Hazarika, (2019). Studies on biodiversity of endophytic fungi from Rutagraveolens and screening for their antimicrobial activities at National conference on Phytochemicals and Microbial Active compounds, Role in Agriculture and Human Welfare, Organized by Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University on 3rd and 4th October 2019.
- Pushpa.H, Saritha M, Akanksha Pandey, Arnob Roy (2019). Optimization of Pigment Production from E.sorginum in submerged fermentation conditions. National conference on Innovation in Life Sciences for sustainable Environment. Organized by Christ University on 20th and 21st February 2019.
- Pushpa. H, P. Swetha, Vishal MadhanMohana Sharmaand M. Vidhyashree. (2016). Biological control of Fusariumwilt of Cajanuscajan(L.) Millsp. (Pigeon pea). At National conference on ‘Science and Technology for National Development – Health, Environment and Agriculture’ - Health, Environment and Agriculture’ (NCST-ND 2016) from 5th – 7th October, 2016, organized by Jain University in association with The Indian Science Congress Association Bengaluru Chapter.
- PushpaHanumanthaiah, HaobamPriyata, KhwairakpamNomita Devi, NaniOnya, VijayalakshmiAshangbam. (2015). Isolation and screening of Lovastatin (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor) from filamentous fungi and from some of the edible mushrooms. At UGC sponsored twodays National conference on Enzyme Research in Agriculture, Food and Industrial Biotechnology organized by Maharani’s College of Science on 12th and 13th March 2014.
- Pushpa H, Anand M, Kashimaiah, Penugonda Pradeep, Purushothama K.B, (2014). TricholomagiganteumMassee. as a source of Antibacterial, Antioxidant and Anticancer agent. Bioneers-2014.
- Jagadeesha Kumar. B.G, Prabhakara.R, Pushpa.H. (2013). Isolation and characterization of calcite precipitating microorganisms and study of their role in concrete crack healing. Oral presentation in 11th National conference of Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists on Recent Developments in Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology on 29th and 30th November 2013, organized by PSG College of Arts, Science and commerce, Coimbatore.
- Pushpa.H and Purushothama.K.B (2013). Biodiversity and Taxonomic studies of Basidiomycetous Fungi in and around Bangalore Poster presentation at National seminar on Current Perspectives of Fungi in Health Care and Environment (KAVAASTHA) and 39th Annual Meeting of Mycological Society of India 13th and 14th March, 2013 Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Pushpa H, Anand M, Kashimaiah, Penugonda Pradeep, Purushothama K.B (2013) Evaluation of antimicrobial, antioxidant and anticancer activities of wild mushrooms oral presentation National seminar on Current Perspectives of Fungi in Health Care and Environment (KAVAASTHA) and 39th Annual Meeting of Mycological Society of India 13th and 14th March, 2013 Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Pushpa.H and Purushothama.K.B (2012). Taxonomic studies and molecular characterization of Tricholomagiganteum and Calocybeindicafrom Bangalore. At Eleventh all India Conference on Cytology and Genetics organized by Society of Cytologists and Geneticists, India at Bangalore University on January 23-25, 2012.
- Pushpa.H and Purushothama.K.B (2012). Molecular characterization of Tricholomagiganteum and Calocybeindicaisolates from Bangalore. National Conference on Recent Advances in Health, Agriculture and Environmental Biotechnology, organized by Biotechnology Department, MSRIT, Bangalore on 11th -13th April, 2012.
- Pushpa.H and Purushothama K.B (2012). Biodiversity of Mushrooms in and around Bangalore. National Conference on Recent Advances in Health, Agriculture and Environmental Biotechnology, organized b Biotechnology Department, MSRIT, Bangalore on 11th -13th April, 2012.
- Pushpa.H and Purushothama.K.B.(2010). Antimicrobial activity of Russuladelica an edible wild mushroom. At Dr.NormanE.Borlaung commemoration National conference on Plant Diversity and Plant health. Organized by Department of studies in Botany University of Mysore on 11th and 12th March 2010.
Conferences/ Seminar / Workshops/ FDPs / Training Programme – Attended
- Attended two daysNational Online workshop on Fungal Systematics and Technological Advances organized by Sri Shivaji Science College, Amaravathi in Association with Mycological Society of India- Mumbai Unit (MSI-Mumbai) and received awarded with a Merit Certificate for winning the completion organized during workshop on 29th to 30 November 2020.
- Completed 10 days FDP on Effective way to develop E-content for teaching learning conducted by Maratha vidyaPrasaraksamaj’s KTR Arts, BH. Commerce and A.M. Science (KTHM) College, Nashik in association with UGC-HRDC, Savithribai Pule Pune University, Pune from 21st May to 30th May 2020.
- Completed two week FDP on E- Learning Resource Creation-A Beginning Towards New Era of E-Learning organized by DY Patil College of Engineering and Technology, Kolhapur from 8th June to 20th June 2020
- Completed 5 days online FDP on Online teching during COVID-19 pandemic organized by RCASC, from 3rd to 27th June 2020
- Attended FDP on Outcome Based Education organized by InPods Ed-tech on 1st May 2020
- Attended National Webinar on IPR organized by Microbiologist Society, India in association with YashwantraoChawhan Arts, Commerce and Science college and MhilaVikasSanstha Collegeon 28th January 2020.
- Attended International Webinar on Biologicals in Agriculture: Scope and Limitations on 17th January 2020 organized by Microbiologist Society, India and Mahyco Research Foundation Trust.
- Participated in One Day Online Workshop on Use of Google Tools for College Teachers, organied by Taywade College, Koradi, on 18th May 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on Recent advances in soil microbiological research with special thrust to biofertilizer technology, organized by Bihar Agricultural University, on 25th August 2020
- Attended 3rd National Seminar on “New methodology of Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC- Issues and Challenges”, Organized by IQAC- Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and Commerce on 11th of April 2019.
- Collaborated with MMSH Clinical Research Private Limited (MMS-Canton, Michigan, USA) for Industry Academia Partnership to train students in the field of Clinical research and for placement opportunity for students on 31st August 2018.
- One day FDP on effective pedagogical techniques for Today’s Google Era held on 04.09.2018 at Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce, Bengaluru.
- Chaired the technical session during 10th National Science women Science congress organized by RCASC in association with Swadeshi VijnanaAndolana- Karnataka from 6th to 7th November 2017.
- Attended two days lecture workshop on Recent trends in Cancer biology organized by RCASC and Indian Science academies on 20- 21 February, 2017
- Chaired the Technical session and participated during the National conference on science and technology for National Development-Health, Environment and Agriculture held for 5th to 7th October 2016, at Jain University, Bengaluru
- Participated in National Conference on Research, “consultancy and innovation in higher educational institutions- issues and challenges” organized by IQAC of MSRCASC on 5th April 2016.
- Participated in one day workshop on “Human Cytogenetics and Karyotyping” organized by MSRCASC in association with MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore on 26th March 2015.
- Attended Faculty Development Program on Recent Advances in Bioanalytical Techniques organized by MSRIT on 25th to 29th May 2015.
- Participated in two day national conference themed “Urban biodiversity and Health” held on 6th and 7th of February 2014 at School of graduate studies, Jain University, Bangalore.
- Attended two days workshop on “Food Adulteration and Safety Measusres” (FASM-2013) on Feb 4th and 5th 2013 organized by Department of Chemistry. MSRIT and KSTA.
- Attended NAAC sponsored Workshop at M.S.Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore on 16th April 2013.
- Attended the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) Workshop conducted by Classle held on 2nd January 2013.
- Participated in National Science day to commemorate 125th Birth Anniversary of Sr. SrinivasaRamanujan, and International year for sustainable energy for all on 23td and 24th February 2012 organized by MSRCASC
- National level workshop on “Animal Cell Culture Techniques” on 13th to 15th September 2012. Organized by Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Department of Biotechnology; Bangalore.
- Participated in One day Workshop on “Applied Bioinformatics” held on 18th February 2008 at VittalMallya Scientific Research Foundation, Bangalore.
- Participated in the Symposium on “Biology and the Environment” organized by MSRCASC, October 8th and 9th 2007.
- Participated in Biovistas: Future and Beyond, UGC sponsored National Conference organized by St. Joseph’s College, Department of Botany, Post Graduate and Research Centre, Bangalore on 24th and 25th February 2006.
- Attended one day seminar on “Relevance and impact of practicals in life sciences under the new curriculum” sponsored by UGC, conducted by the department of zoology and Biotechnology, Mount Carmel College, Bangalore on 20th January 2005.
Any other …
- BOS Member- Microbiology for Bangalore University 2018-19
- Appointed as a member of board of examiner for UG- Microbiology from Bangalore University 2015-16.
- Appointed as a Paper setter for I Sem MSc- Microbiology (Eukaryotic Microbiology) from Government Science College (Autonomous), Bangalore.
- Organizing Secretary during National Conference on “Recent Advances in Biosciences” Bioblooms-2014 on 28th March 2014.
- Organizing Secretary during National Conference on“Science and Technology for indigenous development in India”in association with Indian Science Congress Association- Bangalore Chapter on 5th to 7th October 2015.
- Life Membership for Indian Association of Applied Microbiologist.