DR. ASHLY P.C
Name: Dr. Ashly P. C.
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MSc. , Ph. D.
Year of Joining: 2021
Work Experience: 13 Years
Synthesis of alloys and intermetallic compounds as electrode materials for energy conversion devices. Applications in Fuel cells. Electrochemical hydrogen evolution reaction and water splitting.
- Compressive strain induced by multiple phase distribution and atomic ordering in PdCu nanoparticles to enhanced ethanol oxidation reaction performance, P. C. Ashly, Shreya Sarkar, Saurav Ch. Sarma, , Komalpreet Kaur , Ujjal K. Gautam, Sebastian C. Peter. J. Power Sources, 2021(506), 230168-78. [Impact factor: 9.79]
- Synergetic Effect of Ni-Substituted Pd2Ge Ordered Intermetallic Nanocomposites for Efficient Electrooxidation of Ethanol in Alkaline Media. A. R. Rajamani, P. C. Ashly, U. V. Waghmare, S. C. Peter, ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2019, 2 (10), 7132-7141. [Impact factor: 6.02]
- Metal flux crystal growth technique in the determination of ordered superstructure in EuInGe. U. Subbarao, P. C. Ashly, S. Rayaprol, C. S. Yadav, A. Svane, G. Vaitheeswaran, S. C. Peter, Crystal Growth and Design, 13 (2012) 352-359. [Impact factor : 4.076]
- Preparation and characterization of Rhizopus amyloglucosidase immobilized on poly(o-toluidine). P.C. Ashly and P.V. Mohanan. Process Biochemistry, 45 (8) 2010, 1422-1426. [Impact factor : 3.757]
- Activity of Diastase α-Amylase Immobilized on Polyanilines (PANIs), P. C. Ashly, M. J. Joseph, P. V. Mohanan. Food Chemistry, 127, 2011,1808-1813. [Impact factor : 7.514]
- SERB- TARE grant (11/2018-05/2022), 18.3 Lakhs: A study on the ligand effect of boron family (B, Al, Ga, and In) as a co-metal in nickel based intermetallics towards hydrogen evolution reaction.
- SJC-Seed money grant (2/2018 – 7/2020), 2.5 Lakhs: Developing Pd- non-noble metal based intermetallic nanoparticles as stable and efficient anode catalysts for EOR in fuel cell.
Enzyme catalysis, Organic synthesis, Fuel cells
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- International winter school-2022 on Frontiers in material science, Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka, 5-9 December, 2022.
- International Conference on Chemical Sciences: Academia, Industry & Society Interface (ICCS 2022), Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous, Bangalore, and Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Department Of Science And Technology, Government Of Karnataka. (23rd - 25th June 2022).
Paper - Ordered PdSn intermetallic nano catalyst with high activity towards ethanol electrooxidation reaction in fuel cells.
- CRSI-NSC- 26, 26th CRSI- National Symposium in Chemistry. VIT, Vellur, (7-9 February 2020)
Poster - Structurally tuned Pd-Cu Systems as Efficient Catalysts for Ethanol Oxidation Reaction.
- NPTEL-AICTE Faculty Development program(11/2) on Co-ordination chemistry (Chemistry of transition elements) during January-April 2022.
- FOCSTA-2020 National Seminar on Frontiers of Catalysis Science & Technology and its applications), St. Joseph's College, Bengaluru, (10-11 January 2020)
- SWAYAM ARPIT Course for Career Advancement Scheme promotion ‘Online Refresher Course in Chemistry for Higher Education’, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi, July 2019- February 2020.
- Seven days Faculty Development Program on ‘Training on E-Content development: Strategies, Tools, and Opportunities’, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore-27, May 13-20, 2020.
- Faculty enrichment program on ‘Frontiers in Smart Learning’, by DBT-STAR scheme colleges, Bangalore cluster, 14-16 May 2020.
- I2CAM-JNCASR International School on Clean and Renewable Energy Technologies via Chemical Route. (November 27 - December 2, 2017)
- In-house symposium Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka. (November 2011).
- IYC 2011 (International conference on The International year of chemistry), Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka. (10-11 January 2011).
- New Chemistry Unit Day (National seminar), Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, Karnataka. (2 August 2011).
- Mat Con 2007 (International conference on Materials for the Millennium), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India. (1-3 March 2007).
Poster – Immobilization of α-amylase on polyaniline.
- ICAM- 2008 (International Conference on Advanced Materials), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. (18- 21 February 2008).
- FIC-06 (National seminar on Frontiers in Chemistry), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India. (24-25 March 2006).
- One day Faculty development program on Emotional intelligence 2022 by MSRCASC, on 20 October 2022.
- Seven days National level Faulty development program on ‘Orientation on AQAR 2020- 21’, M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore- 54, 17-23 May 2021./li>
- Five days national level Faculty development program on ‘Spectroscopic techniques: a tool in contemporary research’, M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore- 54, 1-14 January 2022.
- Faculty development program on ‘Application of statistical techniques in research and writing research proposal’ by M. S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore- 54, 6th October 2022.
- Orientation program in catalysis research, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India, 16 May – 4 June, 2005.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Research excellence Award by InSc, 2022
- CSIR- UGC NET Lectureship, 2005
- GATE with CGPA 89.14 , 2003
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: MSRCASC, Bangalore 560054