To engage in educating in the fields of computer systems, centered on programming languages, visual information, computer architecture, software engineering, systems development and application systems
The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 1994. Computer Science is a broad field which encompasses all aspects of computers, including the design and application of both hardware and software.
- BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications
- BSc – Bachelor of Science (Electronics / Computer Science / Mathematics)
Pass in 10+2 / equivalent in any discipline with 60 %.
About the Course
BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications
BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications is a three year under a graduate program conducted in six semesters. Students who undergo this program acquire the required qualification to do significant work in the IT industry.
BSc – Bachelor of Science
BSc – Bachelor of Science is a three year under a graduate program conducted in six semesters. It is a tri-major course with Electronics, Computer science, and Mathematics. The curriculum is followed as per the revised syllabus. In accordance with the revised syllabus laboratories and library do get updated regularly.
The Department of Computer Science Lab is provided with seventy two computers.
The new Apple Lab has been established at the college . Thirty MAC OS systems provide the latest technology facility to the students for their project work and facility for Research and development activities.
Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi ) facility is provided to all the faculty and students of both under graduate and post graduate.
Department Activities 2019-2020
- Bridge course for first year BCA from 11/7/19 to 17/7/19.
- Seminar on “Mainframe Technology” for BCA and BSc EMCs students by Satish Agarwal from IBM on 27/8/19.
- Seminar was arranged for all BCA and BSc EMCs students on “Recent Technology in Business Application” on 01/8/19 Mr Praveen from ATS Learning Solutions
- Seminar on “Software and Intellectual Property Rights” for BCA students by Ms. Sangeetha Murali S , Asst Prof from M S Ramaiah College of Law on 4/9/2019
- Computer Awareness Program for school children of Government Higher Primary Scool, Shivakota Post, Hesargatta Hobli, Bangalore on 30/10/2019
- Five day workshop on “Cross Platform Mobile APP Development” for the students of BCA and B.Sc( EMCs) from 16th to 20th September The resource person is Mr Sachin from ATS in association with Microsoft.
- One Day workshop on “Machine Learning with Phython” for BCA students on 26/7/19. The resource person is from Ekalavya Universys, Bangalore
- Value added course conducted on Machine Learning from Jan 20th 2020 onwards for 40 hrs in association with Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- Value added course conducted on full stack mean web development from Jan 20th 2020 onwards for 40 hrs in association with Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- Seminar on Higher Education Abroad from IDP on 27/1/2020 for BCA II and III year students