Dr. Snehalatha V.bsc-microbiology
Name: Dr. Snehalatha V.
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc. (Agri.), Ph D, NET
Year of Joining: 2006
Work Experience: 22 YEARS
Qualitative and quantitative assessment of organic manures on soil microbial biomass and soil health
GUIDED ANY MAJOR PROJECTS
ONLY NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES :
Life member of professional / scientific bodies:
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- Vemula Vani, Snehalatha V, Rachel Nishitha, Hima S, Arpitha B H, Manikandan A,* In silico analysis of natural inhibitors against HPV E6 protein. Curr. Comput. Aided Drug Des. 2023, DOI: 10.2174/1573409919666230310144550(Bentham, ISSN: 1875-6697).
- Vemula Vani, Snehalatha V, Rachel Nishitha, Hima S, Arpitha B Hegde, Structure based design and functional evaluation of potential inhibitors against HPV E6 protein, abstract, AICTE Sponsored E-Conference on Recent Trends and Technologies in Biotechnology and Allied Sciences, November 5-7, 2020, Organized by Department of Biotechnology, M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru-560054
- Srilakshmi R, Sarangi Menon, Chaitra K Shetty and Snehalatha V. “Assessment of Anti-microbial, Anti-oxidant, and Anti-cancer activity of Curcuma longa, Hibiscus rosa-sinensis” ,1st International conference on Life, Chemical and Health Sciences (ICLCHS) organized by Dept. of Life sciences, Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce in association with KSTA, Bangalore from 24th – 26th Oct, 2019
- Chethan G R Murthy, Priya Rani, Vedashree V.S, Ranjitha R, Snehalatha V “Isolation and Screening of Plasmid Conferring its Ability to Degrade Aromatic Hydrocarbons – Benzene and Toluene”.1st International conference on Life, Chemical and Health Sciences (ICLCHS) organized by Dept. of Life sciences, Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and commerce in association with KSTA, Bangalore from 24th – 26th Oct, 2019
- Achala Ashwath, Chithralekha Sen Roy, Neha Anjum, Noor Misba and Snehalatha V. 2018. Screening of pigment producing bacterial isolates from diverse sources and the effect of extracted pigments on potential pathogens. International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Publication. 4(1) 01-07
- Khaidem Anand Singh, Khoisnam Luxmi Chanu and Snehalatha v. 2018.screening of Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Anticancerous activity of Schizophillum commune and Auricularia auricula International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Publication. 4(1) 08-12.
- Snehalatha V., Rajashree S., Suchethna Saha, Chhaya kumari, Deepa kumari and Kiran topno, 2017, isolation of PGPR from soil and their effect on plant growth. LILAVATI-10, 191 -194.
- Suchethna Saha, Rajashree S., Payel Sarkar and Snehalatha V., 2017. Glioblastoma and its modes of treatment: A Review. LILAVATI-10, 160 -165.
- J Raj, H Amulya, V Snehalatha, 2017 Isolation, Screening and Characterization of Cellulolytic Bacteria, Determination of Their Cellulolytic Potential
- V Snehalatha, R Malashree, P Soni Isolation2016, Enumeration and Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Predominant Microbes Associated with Currency Notes.Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci, - ijcmas.com
- Snehalatha, V., Boby, V. U. and Balakrishna, A.N., 2004, Changes in soil enzymes in an Alfisol incubated with organic amendments. Asian journal of Microbiology Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, 6(2), 249-252.
- Snehalatha, V., Boby, V. U. and Balakrishna,A.N., 2004, Response of Finger millet (Eleusine coracana) to the combined inoculation of AM fungi and different organic amendments GEOBIOS, 31(2), 146-151.
- Snehalatha, V., Boby, V. U. and Balakrishna,A.N., 2003, Changes in microbial biomass in an Alfisol incubated with organic amendments. GEOBIOS, 30(2), 238-241.
- Biochemical and enzymatic changes during bio composting of urban waste and sugar cane based organic residues.
- Urban waste and agro based organic compost as nutrient resources.
- Studies n fate of decomposition of urban waste and coir pith.
- Bio conversion of urban waste and poultry manure and field evaluation of composts.
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and poultry litter
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and sugarcane-based residues
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and coir pith
- Protocol for composting of urban waste and areca husk
- In silico analysis of natural inhibitors against HPV E6 protein” funded by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology for the academic year
- 2019-2020.SUBJECT SPECIALISATION TILL DATE: Agriculture, Food and Environmental Microbiology
- Participated in 107th Indian Science Congress held at university of agricultural sciences, GVVK, Bangalore from 3rd to 7th January 2020.
- Attended National Level Webinar on “Covid-19: Dimensions and Directions” organized by Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women, Autonomous, Bangalore on 15th May 2020.
- Organizing committee member of 1st International Conference on Life, Chemical and Health science 24th to 26th October 2019. At RCASC, Bangalore
- Attended 3rd National Seminar on “New methodology of Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC- Issues and Challenges”, Organized by IQAC- Ramaiah college of Arts, Science and Commerce on 11th of April 2019.
- Attended Indian Science Academy sponsored lecture workshop on Recent Trends in Cancer Biology at M S Ramaiah College of Arts Science and Commerce. 20th -21st February 2018.
- Attended Science Academies sponsored lecture workshop on Proteins in Drug Discovery and Design, organized by Chemistry and Biochemistry, Maharani college for Women, Bangalore,1st and 2nd February 2018.
- National Conference on “Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India” organized by Indian Science Congress Association Bangalore Chapter and M.S. Ramaiah College, Bangalore.
- Presented a poster entitled “The Sanitizing efficiency of different disinfectants in food processing units” in the national conference on Recent advances in biosciences at MSRCASC on 28th march 2014
- Life member of The Indian science congress association, (ISCA) Kolkata.
- Swadeshi Vignan Andolan Karnataka.
- Ph. D (Agriculture Microbiology): 2005
- National Eligibility Test (NET) in the year 2003 conducted by ICAR recognized by CSIR/UGC.
- Senior research fellow (NATP) on "Nutrient Resource Management through Urban Waste Recycling" at UAS, Bangalore,
- Research fellow (DBT-DST) on" Development and demonstration of value added vermicompost through biotechnology to the farm women in the southern parts of Karnataka". UAS, Bangalore.
- Selected for women scientist project sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, 2006
Department of Microbiology
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India