Dr. RASHMI NAGESH
Name: Dr. Rashmi Nagesh
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D., K SET, GATE
Year of Joining: 2020
Work Experience: 9 Years
“Evaluation of toxic effect of Areca catechu extract and arecoline using human cancer cells.”
“The main objective of the study is to examine the toxic effect, its subsequent expression on the downstream target genes and the possible signaling cascade on treatment of aqueous areca nut extract and arecoline on human cancer cells. ”
- Rashmi Nagesh, Rajeshwari H. Patil, M. Naveen Kumar, K.M. Kiran Kumar, Shivaleela Biradar and Babu R. Lamani, “Modulatory act of diverse transcriptional factors in liver carcinoma” Chapter in “Theranostics and Precision Medicine for the Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma.” 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-98807-0.00014-4
- Kiran Kumar K M, Rashmi Nagesh, Naveen Kumar M, S.J. Prashanth and Babu R Lamani, “Oxidative stress in modulation of immune function in livestock”, Chapter in “Emerging Issues in Climate Smart Livestock Production”, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-822265-2.00008-9
- Rashmi Nagesh, K M Kiran Kumar, M Naveen Kumar, Rajeshwari H Patil and S. Chidananda Sharma, “Regulation of Jun and Fos AP-1 transcription factors by JNK MAPKs signaling cascade in areca nut extract treated KB cells.” 2021, Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrep.2021.101090
- Syamala Soumya Krishnan, Rashmi Nagesh, Sujatha Peela, and Meenakshisundaram Sreepriya. 2020 “Epigenetic Biomarkers for the Detection of Gastrointestinal Cancers.” Chapter in “Novel Therapeutic Approaches for Gastrointestinal Malignancies, Diagnostics and Therapeutic Advances in GI Malignancies.” Springer Nature, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5471-1_5
- Dileep Francis, Rajaram Prashanthi, Rashmi Nagesh and Vinutha M., “COVID-19: Genomics and Proteomics.” Chapter in “COVID-19: Many Facets and Dimensions A Multidisciplinary Compendium of Current Evidence and Experience.” 2020.
- Rashmi Nagesh, Kiran Kumar K M, Naveen Kumar M, Rajeshwari H Patil, and S Chidananda Sharma. 2019. “Stress activated p38 MAPK regulates cell cycle via AP-1 factors in areca extract exposed human lung epithelial cells.” Cytotechnology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10616-019-00297-3
- Rashmi Nagesh, Kiran Kumar K M, Naveen Kumar M, S Chidananda Sharma, and M Sreepriya. 2018. “Oxidative stress induced G1/S phase cell cycle arrest and cellular apoptosis in cultured buccal kb epithelial cells on exposure of aqueous extract of areca nut.” International journal of pharmacy and biosciences, 8,3, 626-635.
- Rashmi Nagesh, Kiran Kumar K M, Naveen Kumar M, Rajeshwari H Patil, Kavya K, Babu R L, Govindarajan T. Ramesh, and S Chidananda Sharma. 2016. “Aqueous areca nut extract induces oxidative stress in human lung epithelial A549 cells: Probable role of p21 in inducing cell death.” Gene Reports, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genrep.2016.12.008
- M. Naveen Kumar, R. L. Babu, Rajeshwari H. Patil, K. M. Kiran Kumar, Shubha M. Hegde, Rashmi Nagesh, K. Kavya, Govindarajan T. Ramesh, S. Chidananda Sharma, and C. Srinivas. 2018, “Protein kinases orchestrate cell cycle regulators in differentiating BeWo choriocarcinoma cells.” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-018-3407-8
- K. Kavya, M. Naveen Kumar, Rajeshwari H. Patil, Shubha M. Hegde, K. M. Kiran Kumar, Rashmi Nagesh, R. L. Babu, Govindarajan T. Ramesh, S. Chidananda Sharma. 2017. Differential expression of AP-1 transcription factors in human prostate LNCaP and PC-3 cells: role of Fra-1 in transition to CRPC status. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, DOI: 10.1007/s11010-017-3012-2
- Kiran Kumar KM, Naveen Kumar M, Rashmi Nagesh, Rajeshwari H Patil, Babu RL., S Chidananda Sharma and Manjunath K, 2017,” Arsenic induces oxidative stress and apoptosis in human lung cancer cells”. International Journal of Life Science, Vol. 5 (4): 551-560
- Rajeshwari H. Patil, Naveen Kumar M., Kiran Kumar K. M, Rashmi Nagesh, Kavya K., Babu R. L, Govindarajan T. Ramesh, and S. Chidananda Sharma.2017. “Dexamethasone inhibits inflammatory response via down regulation of AP-1 transcription factor in human lung epithelial cells”. Gene, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gene.2017.12.024
- Kiran Kumar K. M., Naveen Kumar M., Rajeshwari H. Patil, Rashmi Nagesh, Shubha M. Hegde, Kavya K., Babu R. L., Govindarajan T. Ramesh, and S. Chidananda Sharma. 2016“Cadmium Induces Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in Lung Epithelial Cells.” Toxicology mechanism and method, http://doi: 10.1080/15376516.2016.1223240
- Rajeshwari H. Patil, Babu R L, Naveen Kumar. M, Kiran Kumar K. M, Shubha M. Hegde, Rashmi Nagesh, Govindarajan T. Ramesh, and S. Chidananda Sharma. 2016. “Anti-inflammatory effect of apigenin on LPS induced pro-inflammatory mediators and AP-1 factors in human lung epithelial cells”. Inflammation, http://doi: 10.1007/s10753- 015-0232-z
- Shubha M. Hegde, Naveen Kumar M., Kavya K., Kiran Kumar K. M., Rashmi Nagesh, Rajeshwari H. Patil, Babu R. L., Govindarajan T. Ramesh, and S. Chidananda Sharma. 2016 “Interplay of nuclear receptors (ER, PR and GR) and their steroid hormones in MCF-7 cells”. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, https://doi.10.1007/s11010-016-2810-2
- Shubha M. Hegde, Babu R L, Vijayalakshmi E, Rajeshwari H Patil, Naveen Kumar. M, Kiran Kumar K. M, Rashmi Nagesh, Kavya K and S. Chidananda Sharma. 2015. “Biosorption of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solution using chemically modified Spirulina Platensis: an ecofriendly approach”. Desalination and Water Treatment, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2015.1019370
Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Animal Biotechnology, Cancer Biology
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Rashmi Nagesh, “Impact of Natural Bioactive Compounds for the treatment of CoVid-19 Diagnostic Challenges and Futuristic Perspectives.” Published abstract in International Webinar 2020 organized by Hericure Health care Group, Pune, and collaboration with University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa).
- Online Faculty Development Program on “Online Teaching during COVID-19 pandemic” from 23rd to 27th June 2020 organized by IQAC, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bengaluru -54.
- Rashmi Nagesh, Dr. S. Chidananda Sharma, and Dr. M. Sreepriya, “Aqueous areca nut extract induces oxidative stress and apoptosis by down regulating cell cycle regulators and AP-1 transcripts in A549 cells.” Poster presentation in National conference on Future India Science and Technology: Research Innovations in Biology, February 2019. Organized by Department of Biotechnology, School of Sciences – Block I, Jain Deemed to be University in association with Indian Science Congress Association, Bangalore.
- Rashmi Nagesh, S. Chidananda Sharma, and Dr. M. Sreepriya, “Aqueous areca nut extract induces oxidative stress and apoptosis by down regulating cell cycle regulators and AP-1 transcripts in A549 cells”, Poster presentation in National conference on Emerging trends and new challenges in Biotechnology. Advances in free radicals and antioxidants, February 2017. Organized by (DST- SERB, UGC-ICMR) PG and Research Centre in Biotechnology, MGR College, Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
- Rashmi Nagesh and Dr. S. Chidananda Sharma, “Evaluation of toxicity of Areca catechu extracts on human lung epithelial cells”, Poster presentation in the National conference on Secondary metabolites of endophytic fungi/medicinal plants and their anticancer properties, March 2015. Organized by UGC-SAP Dept. of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Rashmi Nagesh, Naveen Kumar and Dr. S. Chidananda Sharma, “Designing and targeting of hybrid homing peptides to cancer cells.” poster presentation in the Symposium on Healthy Lifestyle and Human Welfare, November 2014. Organized by the UGC-CPEPA and Department of Zoology, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Workshop on “Proteomics and drug design” conducted by TEOIP in BMS College, Organized by Department of Biotechnology, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, July 2014.
- Seminars on, “Recent trends in Genomics and Proteomics “organized by Dept. of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University, Bangalore, May 2011.
- Lecture series on “Biotechnology in health care” organized by Dept. of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University, April 2011.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2013: Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) - Assistant Professorship
- 2013: Graduate Aptitude test for Engineering
- 2015: Best Poster Presentation
- 2010: 1st Prize in Lecture Competition
- Email: email@example.com
Department of Biotechnology & Genetics
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India