DR. PADMASHREE D
- Qualification: MSc, PhD
- Department: Visiting Faculty
- Designation: Department of Chemistry / Biochemistry
- Year of Experience: 4 Years (Teaching), 5 Years (Research)
Academic / Professional Achievements
Publications – Journals
- Padmashree D and N Ramachandraswamy (2016) Identification and characterization of conserved miRNAs with its targets mRNA in Trichinella spiralis. Bioinformation Vol 12(5): 279-284 [PMID: 26770029].
- Padmashree D and N Ramachandraswamy (2015) Computational identification of putative miRNAs and their target genes in pathogenic amoeba Naegleria fowleri. Bioinformation Vol 11(12): 550-557 [PMID: 26770029].
- D Padmashree and N Ramachandraswamy (2015) miRNA Database: A database on miRNA expressions in cell lines. International Journal of Fundamental & Applied Sciences Vol 2: 37-38.
- Padmashree D and N Ramachandra Swamy (2014) Computational Prediction and Identification Of miRNAs In ssRNA Viruses. International Journal of Advanced Bioinformatics Application and Research 5: 37-50.
- DyaveGowda Padmashree & Narayanaswamy Ramachandra Swamy (2013) Molecular signaling cascade of miRNAs in causing Diabetes Nephropathy. Bioinformation 9: 401-408 [PMID: 23750089].
- Padmashree D and N Ramachandra Swamy (2012) Regulatory Model Of miRNA-125 In Leukemia. International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research 3:720-737.
Publications – Conferences / Seminars / Posters
- Poster presentation in “The 104rd Indian Science Congress” held at Sri Venkateswara University in Tirupati from January 3rd to 7th
- Poster presentation in “The 103rd Indian Science Congress” held at University of Mysore, Mysuru from January 3rd to 7th
- Poster presentation in “The Indian Genetics Congress” organized by the Genetic Engineering Association, Department of Genetic Engineering, held on March 4-6th 2015 SRM University.
- Oral presentation in “Chemistry: from lab to business world –fostering an entrepreneurial spirit” UGC sponsored National Conference held on 13th and 14th February 2015 at Mount Carmel College, Autonomous, Bengaluru.
- Poster presentation in the “International Conference on Public Mental Health and Neurosciences (ICPMN)” 2014 organized by Sarvasumana Association on 18th and 19th December 2014 at Bengaluru.
Conferences/ Seminars / Symposium / Trainings / Workshops / – Attended
- Participated in the UGC and KSTA sponsored two day National Conference on “Enzyme Research in Agriculture, Food and Industrial Biotechnology (NCERAFIB)” held at Maharani’s Science College For Women, palace road, Bengaluru on 12th and 13th March 2015.
- Short-term workshop on “Trends and Challenges in Research” jointly organized by UGC academic staff college and internal quality assurance cell (IQAC), held on 10th-12th November 2014, Bangalore University, Bengaluru.
- Participated in DBT sponsored short term training course for mid-career scientists and UG/PG faculty on “RNAi Technology and its Applications” from 10th-25th February 2014 (14 days) at Maharani’s Science College for women, Bangalore.
- The training on C programming and MATLAB programming and development of bioinformatics algorithms using C/MATLAB/Perl conducted by BIOCOS life science private limited held on 5th -8th Sept 2012.
- Participated in BIOZENITH-2010, a National level intercollegiate Bioscience Symposium organized by the Department of life sciences, Reva institute of science and management on 19th and 20th
- Participated in Workshop on “Automation in life sciences” held on 10th Nov 2009 at the oxford college of science in collaboration with Probiosis.
- One month training in chemical section of quality control department from 1-09-2010 to 4-10-2010, trained in handling of instruments like FTIR, UV spectrophotometer, HPLC, Polarimeter, K.F.Titrator, Dissolution, Potentiometry, Viscometer, Bulk density Apparatus and Particle count tester at “KARNATAKA ANTIBIOTICS AND PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED”.
- Participated in the National Conference on “Computational biology, Bioinformatics and life science” on 2nd and 3rd May 2007.
- Participated in National symposium on “Emerging careers in biotechnology” at Presidency College in collaboration with AstraZeneca, held on 2nd and 3rd April 2009.
- Project training in “Recombinant DNA Technology” at shreedhar bhat’s laboratory, was successfully completed from 13th to 30th Jan 2007.
- Participated in a Symposium on “Frontier areas in biotechnology” held at Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for women, under Bioenigma on the 19th Sept 2006.
- Participated in the National level symposium on “Features and Future of Clinical Research” held under Bioenigma on 22nd April 2008Participated in symposium on “Insight into stem cell technology” held under Bio-enigma on the 20th of Oct 2005.
Awards and Recognitions
- Participated in collage and Won 1st prize at Micromania 2009 held at the oxford college of science from 16th Sept to 5th Oct 2009.
- Participated in Nano Science exhibition sponsored by Karnataka science and technology Karnataka state science council held at Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women 2008 from 15th and 16th Feb 2008 and secured 3rd prize.
- Participated in the event Quiz Genozyme conducted by Dept of genetics held on the 14th of Feb 2007 at Garden City College.
- Participated in sport (interclass sports competition) held during 2005-2006 and secured 1st prize in throw ball event in MLACW.