Dr. MUKTHA H
- Qualification:MSc; B.Ed.; PhD
- Department: Biotechnology/Genetics
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience:5 years of Teaching, 8 years of research experience
- Email id:firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Achievements
- Study of anticancer and antibacterial properties of Panax ginseng at Indian Institute of Science (IISC)
- Study on the clinical aspects of Mycobacterium tuberculosis at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIIMS)
- Muktha H, Sharath R, Kottam N, Srinath S, Randhir Y. Evaluation of Antibacterial and In vivo Wound healing activity of Carbon Dot Nanoparticles. Nanoscale Reports 2(3) : 11-23, 2019, https://doi.org/0.26534/NR1932.
- H. Muktha, R. Sharath, Nagaraju Kottam, S. P. Smrithi, K. Samrat, P. Ankitha. Green Synthesis of Carbon Dots and Evaluation of Its Pharmacological Activities. BioNanoScience, ISSN 2191-1630, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12668-020-00741-1.
- H. Muktha, R. Sharath, Nagaraju Kottam, H M. Kumaraswamy, S. Srinath. Carbon Dots- A study of its cytotoxic activity against HepG2 and MCF-7 cell lines. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2021,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.04.515.
- Sharath.R, Nagaraju Kottam, Muktha H, Samrat K, Chandraprabha M N, Harikrishna R, and Bincy Rose Vergis, “Spinnel Ferrites- A Future Boon to Nanotechnology based therapies”, Nanomaterials Physical, Chemical and biological Applications (Book Chapter). Hard ISBN:9781771884617 E- Book ISBN: 9781771884624.PP: 217-316, 2016.
- Smrithi S P; Nagaraju Kottam; Muktha H; Apurva M Mahule; Keerthana Chamarti; Vismaya V; Sharath R; “Carbon dots derived from Beta vulgaris : evaluation of its potential as antioxidant and anticancer agent”; Nanotechnology 33 (2022) 045403 (12pp), http://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/ac30f1.
- Samrat, K; Nikhil, N. S; Karthick Raja Namasivamyam, S; Sharath, R; Chandraprabha, M.N; Harish, B.G; Muktha, H; Rakesh Kashyap, G. “Evaluation of improved antifungal activity of fluconazole – silver nanoconjugate against pathogenic fungi”, Materials Today: Proceedings. 2016, 3, 1958–1967.
- Vergis, Bincy R.; Kottam, Nagaraju; Krishnappa, Samrat; Rajashekarappa, Sharath; Rajan, Hari Krishna; Nagabhushana, Bhanghi Mutt; Harsha Muktha, “Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity and Cytotoxic Effect on MCF-7 Cell Line of Combustion Derived CuFe2O4 Nanomaterial Using Aloe- vera extract”, Current Nanomaterials, Volume 3, Number 3, 2018, pp 153-159 (7), https://doi.org/10.2174/2405461503666181116121843.
PAPERS IN CONFERENCE
- “Nanomaterials over conventional antibiotics - A Comparative study” presented in International Conference on green and clean technologies in chemical Engineering and biotechnology. 2014 (ICGCT-2014) 14 - 15th February, 2014. SIT, Tumkur.
- “Synthesis and utilization of metal oxide nanoparticles for wound healing” presented in National conference on Recent Advances, Career prospects and Entrepreneurial opportunities in biotechnology and bioengineering (Abhyudaya 2014) 24 -28th March 2014. SMVIT, Bangalore