MRS. SMRITHI S. P.
Name: Mrs. Smrithi S P
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MSc. (Ph.D), UGC-JRF-NET
Year of Joining: 2022
Work Experience: 7 Years - Teaching, 3 Years - Industry, 3 Years - Research
Major research areas of interests include green synthesis of carbon dots and metal chalcogenide nanocomposite materials for waste water treatment using adsorption and photocatalytic techniques. Also works on the development of materials for photocatalytic water splitting for hydrogen generation, design and development of bi functional nanoparticles, development of sensors for environmentally and biologically relevant metal ions.
- S Sharieff, S Veluturla, N Kottam, S P Smrithi, R Singhvi, Esterification of levulinic acid to butyl levulinate over TiO2/WO3/SO42−: optimization and kinetic study, Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, 2023, 1-15.
- S P Smrithi, N Kottam, A Narula, GM Madhu, M Riyaz, R Agilan, Carbon dots decorated cadmium sulphide heterojunction-nanospheres for the enhanced visible light driven photocatalytic dye degradation and hydrogen generation, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2022, 627, 956-968.
- S P Smrithi, N Kottam, BR Vergis, Heteroatom modified hybrid carbon quantum dots derived from Cucurbita pepo for the visible light driven photocatalytic dye degradation, Topics in Catalysis, 2022, 20-22, 1-12.
- Smrithi S P, Nagaraju Kottam, Muktha H, Mahule A.M, Chamarti K, Vismaya V, Sharath R, Carbon dots derived from Beta vulgaris: evaluation of its potential as antioxidant and anticancer agent, Nanotechnology, (2021), 33 (4), 045403.
- Smrithi S P, Nagaraju Kottam, Arpitha V, Archana Narula, Anilkumar G. N, Subrahmanian K. R. V. Tungsten oxide modified with carbon nanodots: Integrating adsorptive and photocatalytic functionalities for water remediation, Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices, 2020, 5(1), 73-83.
- Smrithi Sailaja Prasannakumaran Nair, Nagaraju Kottam, Prasannakumar S G, Green Synthesized Luminescent Carbon Nanodots for the Sensing Application of Fe3+ Ions, Journal of Fluorescence, 2020, 30(2), 357-363.
- Nagaraju Kottam, Smrithi S P, Luminescent carbon nanodots: Current prospects on synthesis, properties and sensing applications, Methods and Applications in fluorescence, 2021, 9, 012001.
- Muktha H, Sharath R, Nagaraju Kottam, Smrithi S P, Samrat K, Ankitha P, Green Synthesis of Carbon Dots and Evaluation of Its Pharmacological Activities, BioNanoScience, 2020, 10, 731–744.
General Chemistry, Nanotechnology & Materials Science
- Design grant patent title: User friendly photocatalytic reactor, IN Patent 367109-001.
- Novel carbon dots derived Beta vulgaris as potential anti-cancer and antioxidant agents, IN Patent 22/2,022.
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Participated in IP awareness/training program organized under National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission, Government of India in August 17th, 2022.
- Participated in 2nd virtual international conference on Hierarchically structured materials organized by Department of Physics, SRM institute of science and technology, on March 24th-25th, 2022.
- Participated in the 1st online international conference on “Emerging trends in catalysis for sustainable chemical processes” from 26th-28th August, 2021.
- Participated and given oral presentation in the International conference on Advanced Materials Science and Applications conducted during 3rd-4th, September 2020.
- Attended a webinar on “Towards Producing Large-scale and cost-effective solar H2 through photocatalytic water splitting” organised by School of Applied Sciences, Department of Physics, Reva University on 19th August, 2020.
- Participated in the 1st International Conference on “Accelerating Innovations in Material Science (AIMS) conducted from 4th-7th August, 2020 in Bengaluru.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Trends in Biological and Environmental Sciences” during 13th-18th January, 2020 organised by Department of Chemistry and Department of Physics, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Participated in the three day workshop on “Research Methodologies and Latex” organised by VTU e-Learning Center, Mysuru from 14th-16th November, 2019.
- Participated and presented poster in the 1st International Conference on Life, Chemical and Health Science (ICLCHS) conducted from 24th-26th October, 2019 in Bengaluru.
- Attended Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on “Nanomaterials- Applications in Biotechnology” during 29th-30th August, 2019 organised by Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Attended the Faculty Development programme on “Scope and Significance of Materials Science for Industry-Academia Collaboration” from 29th July to 3rd August, 2019 organised by Department of Chemistry and Department of Physics, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Participated in “NANOBIO”: Second International Conference on Nanotechnology at the Bio-Medical Interface organized by Amrita Centre for Nano sciences and Molecular Medicine held at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi during February 2012.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Qualified Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) held on 19.06.2011 with 86th rank in Chemical Sciences under UGC fellowship scheme.
- Fourth Rank holder at the university level for MSc programme (Kerala University, Kariavattom Campus, Kerala).
- Awardee of ‘University Merit Scholarship for MSc Course’ from the University of Kerala.
- Awardee of the ‘Best Outgoing Student’ of H.H.M.S.P.B.N.S.S College for Women, Neeramankara in the year 2007.
- Gold medal winner in securing highest marks in BSc programme (Chemistry)
- Gold medal winner in securing highest marks in higher secondary level from Mannam Memorial Residential Higher Secondary School.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India