DR. YOGESH D
Name: Dr. Yogesh D
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D, CSIR-JRF-NET, ASRB-NET
Year of Joining: 2020
Work Experience: 14 Years
Microbes are the sources of valuable molecules such as enzymes. Many microbial enzymes find application in Industries and medical field. My research topic is related to therapeutic microbial enzymes such as fibrinolytic enzymes. Their purification, characterization and production for various applications.
- Potential of cellulase from Bacillus megatarium for hydrolysis of Sargassum (2011). Shobharani P, Yogesh D and Halami PM, Sachindra NM. Journal of Aquatic food product technology.22:5,520-535.
- Evidence that multiple proteases of Bacillus subtilis can degrade fibrin and fibrinogen(2015). Yogesh D and Halami PM. International Food Research Journal. 22(4):1662-1667.
- A fibrin degrading serine metallo protease of Bacillus circulans with α –chain specificity. (2015). Yogesh D and Halami PM. Food Bioscience. 2:72-78.
- Fibrinolytic enzymes of Bacillus spp.: an overview (2017). Yogesh D and Halami P. M. International Food Research Journal. 24(1): 35-47.
- Purification and characterization of fibrinolytic protease from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens MCC2606 and analysis of fibrin degradation product by MS/MS.(2018) Yogesh D, Savith Kumari, R and Halami, P. M. Preparative biochemistry and biotechnology. DOI:10.1080/10826068.2017.1421964
- Fibrinolytic enzymes in fermented food products by Yogesh Devaraj and Prakash M Halami (In Press,2021)
- Bottlenecks for the Promotion and Adaptation of Biopesticides in India by Yogesh Devaraj and Raghavendra M.P. 2021.1st edition. Jaya Publishing House, New Delhi.ISBN:97893-89996-55-5, Page 25-40.
- Post COVID-19 impact on diseases, health and environment, Yogesh Devaraj and Raghavendra M.P. Book title- Advancement and Abasement in varied fields due to COVID-19. 2021 (ISBN:978-93-91373-02-3). Page 1-14.
Microbiology, Molecular biology, Protein purification and characterization. Food and dairy microbiology
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Technological properties of Enterococcus faecium MTCC5153 in dairy based product. V.Badarinath, Yogesh D., Harish Rai and Prakash M. Halami. ICFOST, NIMHANS, Bangalore, 2009. Abstract no FM-28.
- Identification and characterization of cellulolytic bacteria capable of degrading seaweed cellwall.Shobha rani.P., Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami. 79th Annual Meeting of SBC(I), IISc, Bangalore, 2010. Abstract no. RO 21.
- Identification and characterization of fibrinolytic enzyme producing food grade Bacillus sp. for functional food formulation. Yogesh D, Shobha rani. P and Prakash M Halami. 79th Annual Meeting of SBC(I), IISc, Bangalore, 2010. Abstract no. UO13.
- Zymographic analysis of fibrinolytic enzyme produced by native bacillus isolate B. circulans CFR11, Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami. 52nd annual conference of AMI2011,Panjab University, Chandigarh Abstract no-MM28
- Fibrinolytic and fibrinogenolytic activity of extracellular protease from Bacillus subtilis BR21.Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami, ICFOST Dec-2012, CFTRI-Mysore Abstract no: FMM 22.
- Fibrionolytic protease from Bacillus circulans CFR11 with α-chain specificity, Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami, IFCON 2013, CSIR-CFTRI, MYSORE. Abstract no -F-023
- Effect of tryptophan on protease activity isolated from Bacillus sp. (BCF3). Savitha Kumari R, Yogesh Devaraj, Prakash M Halami, ICFOST-Dec-2014, at NIFTEM Campus, Kundli, Haryana. Abstract no-FB15
- Studies on mechanism of action of fibrinolytic enzyme produced by food-grade Bacillus spp. :Application in functional food formulations. Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami. ICFOST-Dec-2014, at NIFTEM Campus, Kundli, Haryana.(Oral presentation) Abstract no-ORL-06.
- “Fibrinolytic enzymes: A life saving molecule” Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami, UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Present Status and Future Prospects of Biotechnology and their Applications”.(On 28th March 2014). Organized by Department of Biotechnology, School of Herbal Studies and Naturo Sciences, Dravidian University, Kuppam, A.P
- Evaluation of fibrin degradation pattern and specificity of fibrinolytic enzymes of Bacillus spp. Yogesh D and Prakash M Halami, 85th annual meeting of society of biological chemists(India), organized by CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru, 21st-24th Nov 2016 (Abstract no. PE-04)
- Workshop on protein expression and purification: special emphasis on cell-free protein expression.(Indo-Finland grant workshop) Funded by DBT,at Protein Technology Core, (20th July 2015 to 23rd July 2015),Protein Technology Core, C-CAMP, Bangalore.
- Training on Technology Led Entrepreneurship Programme of HRDG,CSIR-Hq, New Delhi conducted by the faculty of Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru, July4-18, 2011, at CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad.(Conducted by HRDG, New Delhi and IIM, Bangalore
- Molecular biology techniques in Microbiology, 02-09-2014 to 19.09.2014, CSIR-CFTRI, (DBT Sponsored)
- Training on Molecular biology and Microbiology, 02.04.2007 to 05.05.2007, DFRL, Mysore.
- Workshop on molecular techniques, 03- 04.03.2008, Association of Microbiologists of India, Mysore chapter
- Participated in Regional level seminar and workshop on Intellectual Property Right. 30.03.2007, organized by The patent office, INDIA and NRDC.
- Faculty Development Program- Influence of New education policy on Quality Parameters of HEI, 09.11.2020 to 13.011.2020, conducted by RCASC.
- Email: email@example.com
Department of Microbiology
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India
- Office: 080-23608597