DR. VIBHA VINAYAKUMAR BHAT
Name: Dr. Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MSc. (Ph.D)
Year of Joining: 2019
Subject Specialisation: Inorganic Chemistry, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Nanosynthesis and Biomedical applications
“Synthesis, Characterization and Biological studies of new Lanthanum (III) complexes using N,N′-bis(substituted) oxamides and N,N-heterocyclic bases”.
The work is based on evaluating the pharmacological properties of newly synthesized La(III) complexes using biologically important substituted oxamides as ligands. The biological properties such as binding abilities to biomolecules, chemical nuclease properties, antimicrobial, and anticancer properties were studied based on structure-activity-relationship.
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, and P. R. Chetana, Lanthanum: Complexes with Variable Coordination and Versatile Applications, Book Chapter in the book “What to know about Lanthanum”, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 2022. ISBN: 979-8-88697-623-6 (e-book).
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, P.R. Chetana, Mohan A Dhale, Sreejit Soman, Synthesis, characterization, in vitro biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of newly synthesized mononuclear lanthanum(III) complexes of N,N'-bis(2-aminoethyl)oxamide and phenanthroline bases, Journal of Molecular Structure, 2022, 1270, 133903. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2022.133903
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, P. R. Chetana, Fluorescence studies of Lanthanum (III) complexes of N, N′ bis-(alkyl/aryl)-substituted oxamides and phenanthroline bases. Res. J. Chem. Environ., 2020; 24 (8): 88 – 95.
- P. R. Chetana, D. R. Navya, Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, B. S. Srinatha, Mohan A. Dhale, Studies on DNA interactions and Biological Activities of Lanthanum(III) Complexes with 4-quinoline terpyridine and 1,10-phenanthroline. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2019, 6, 1265-1274. https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2019.21889
- P. R. Chetana, Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, Mohan A. Dhale, Hetero-binuclear complexes of lanthanum(III) using bridging N,N′-bis(2-pyridylmethyl)oxamide and terminal 1,10- phenanthroline: Syntheses, characterization and Biological Evaluation. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Drug Res. 2018; 10(6): 460-473. https://doi:10.25004/IJPSDR.2018.10060, ISSN: 0975-248X.
- P. R. Chetana, Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, Mohan A. Dhale, DNA interactions, antibacterial and antioxidant studies of newly synthesized lanthanum(III) complexes using N,N′-bis(3-pyridylmethyl) oxamide and N,N-heterocyclic bases. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 2018, 49, 86-99. ISSN: 0976 – 044X.
Title: Synthesis of fumaramide derivatives of Lanthanum (III) complexes and their screening for AChE and BuChE inhibition activities
Role: Principal Investigator
Title: Biosynthesis of nanoceria and their biomedical applications
- Grant Name: Seed Money Research Grant, MSRCASC, GEF (May 2022)
- Grant Name: DBT – STAR MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat and P. R. Chetana, “Heterobinuclear complexes of Lanthanum(III) using μ-oxamide and 1,10-phenanthroline: Synthesis, biological and photophysical application”. International Winter School 2019, 2 – 6 December 2019, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Jakkur, Bengaluru. – Poster presentation.
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat and P. R. Chetana, “Fluorescence studies of Lanthanum(III) complexes of N,N′-bis(alkyl/aryl)substituted oxamides and phenanthroline bases”. 1st International Conference on Life, Chemical and Health Sciences (ICLCHS), 24th – 26th October 2019, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bengaluru. – Oral Presentation.
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat and P. R. Chetana, “DNA interaction studies and antioxidant activities of lanthanum(III) complexes of N,N′-bis(3-pyridylmethyl)oxamide and N,N- heterocyclic bases”. One Day International Symposium on Advanced Materials (ISAM- 17), 27th December 2017, Department of Chemistry, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru. Poster presentation. Won “Best Poster Award”.
- Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat and P. R. Chetana, “Solid state fluorescence, cytotoxicity and DNA interaction studies of lanthanum(III) complexes of N,N′-bis(2-aminoethyl) oxamide and N,N-heterocyclic bases”. Two day National Conference on Reaching the Unreached through Science and technology: Recent Advances in Physical, Chemical, Mathematical and Biological Sciences for Energy, Health and Environment. 8th-9th September, 2017. Mangalore University, Mangalore. Poster presentation.
- P. R. Chetana and Vibha Vinayakumar Bhat, “Cyclic voltammetric studies of N,N′-bis(2-aminoethyl)oxamide and its La(III) complexes: DNA binding constant determination”. International Symposium on Emerging Trends in Analytical Chemistry ETAC – 2016, 21-23 September 2016. AMDR-ISAS, Bengaluru. Oral Presentation.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Secured 3rd Rank in M.Sc. Chemistry, Bangalore University in June 2011.
- Recipient of Prof. B. Sanjeeva Rao Memorial Gold Medal award for securing the highest marks in Inorganic chemistry in M.Sc. Chemistry, Bangalore University (2011).
- Recipient of Prof. G. K. Narayana Reddy Gold Medal award for securing the highest marks in Inorganic chemistry in M.Sc. Chemistry, Bangalore University in (2011).
- Recipient of Prof. H. Sankegowda Cash Prize for securing the highest marks in Inorganic chemistry in M.Sc. Chemistry, Bangalore University in (2011).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India