DR. SHASHIDHAR BHARADWAJ S.
Name: Dr. Shashidhar Bharadwaj S
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: MSc. (Ph.D)
Year of Joining: 2021
Work Experience: 6 Years
Ph.D. work on Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry thesis entitled “Synthesis and biological evaluation of some simple and fused five membered Heterocycles” worked on synthesis of a series of novel quinoline carbohydrazides and quinolinyloxadiazoles, imidazo[2,1-b][1,3,4]thiadiazolylquinolines, quinolinylthiazolotriazoles, benzimidazole containing quinolinyloxadiazoles, quinoline Schiff bases and methoxybenzo[d]thiazylquinolines. I also investigated their biological activities such as in vitro antimicrobial, antioxidant, in vivo antioxidant on Drosophila melanogaster, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, anti-diabetic, antithrombotic activities along with in silico molecular docking studies. I published the outcomes of my research work in international journals by Royal society of Chemistry, Wiley, Elsevier and ACS.
Would like to work in the field of data science (multiple disciplinary) area to serve the mankind with some effective work.
- Bharadwaj, S. Shashidhar, Boja Poojary, "Efficient synthesis and in silico studies of the benzimidazole hybrid scaffold with the quinolinyloxadiazole skeleton with potential α-glucosidase inhibitory, anticoagulant, and antiplatelet activities for type-II diabetes mellitus management and treating thrombotic disorders." ACS omega 3, no. 10 (2018): 12562-12574.
- Bharadwaj, S. Shashidhar, Boja Poojary "Anti?Inflammatory, Radical Scavenging Mechanism of New 4?Aryl?[1, 3]?thiazol?2?yl?2?quinoline Carbohydrazides and Quinolinyl [1, 3]?thiazolo [3, 2?b][1, 2, 4] triazoles." ChemistrySelect 3, no. 44 (2018): 12478-12485.
- Bharadwaj, S. Shashidhar, Boja Poojary "Design, synthesis and pharmacological studies of some new quinoline Schiff bases and 2, 5- (disubstituted-[1, 3, 4])-oxadiazoles." New Journal of Chemistry 41, no. 16 (2017): 8568-8585.
- Bharadwaj, S. Shashidhar, Boja Poojary, "Synthesis, characterization, thermal analysis, crystal structure and Hirshfeld surface analysis of 2-(3, 5-difluorophenyl) quinoline-4-carboxylic acid." Chemical Data Collections, no. 9 (2017): 134-142.
- Bharadwaj, S. Shashidhar, Boja Poojary, "Ethyl 2-(3, 5-difluorophenyl) quinoline-4-carboxylate: a second triclinic polymorph." IUCrData 1, no. 5 (2016): x160739.
- Usha B, Bharadwaj, S. Shashidhar, Thejaswi N, Devaraja Sannaningaiah, Pushpalatha K. C. “Study on Anti-inflammatory, Anticoagulant, Antiplatelet Activity of Grewia serrulata DC and Grewia heterotricha Mast” Int. J. Pharm Biol.Sci. no. 9 (2019): 1228-1237.
Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Computational Chemistry
SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENECES
- Presented paper on “Synthesis and pharmacological studies of some new 4-Aryl-[1,3]-thiazol- 2-yl-2-quinoline hydrazines and quinoline [1,3]- Thiazolo[3,2-b][1,2,4]triazoles” in Green chemistry & nanotechnology opportunities and challenges-2017 Planning today for a sustainable tomorrow, Organized by St’Aloysius Mangalore.
- Participated in Symposium on ‘‘Genomic Instability and Human Diseases”, 30th January 2017.
- Participated in “Bio Prospecting For Sustainable Development” organized by the University of Mysore. 29th – 30th November 2012.
- Presented paper on “Design, synthesis, and pharmacological studies of some new Quinoline Schiff bases and 2,5-Disubstituted-(1,3,4)-oxadiazoles ” in “Dr. K.V. Rao Research Awards”For the year 2018 in Chemistry.
- Presented paper on "Design, synthesis and assessment of novel imidazo[2,1-b][1,3,4] iadiazolylquinolines as inhibitors of Dihydrofolate Reductase and Tyrosinase" in National Seminar, “Lab To Clinic: Approaches and Challenges In Drug Discovery, Design And Delivery”, organised by Mangalore University Department of Biosciences in association with Royal Society Of Chemistry (London) India Deccan Local Section (Rsc-Idls).
- Presented paper on “Design, Synthesis and biological screening of Novel Benzimidazole containing quinolinyloxadiazoles and quinoline Schiff bases” in “Two days National Conference on Trends” in Bioactive natural products and health care (BNPHC 2017)” organized by Department of Biochemistry, PG centre, Chikka Aluvara, Mangalore University, Karnataka.
- Presented paper on “Design, Synthesis and biological screening of Novel Benzimidazole containing quinoline Schiff bases” in National conference on Science and Technology: reaching the unreached, Organized by Indian science congress association in association with Mangalore University.
- Presented paper on “Microwave assisted synthesis and pharmacological studies of some new imidazo[2,1- b][1,3,4]thiadiazolylquinolines” in 9th KSTA Annual Conference organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka at Christ University, Bengaluru.
- Presented paper on “Design, synthesis, and pharmacological studies ofsome new Schiff’s bases and 2,5-Disubstituted-( 1,3,4)- oxadiazoles” in National Seminar on Recent Advances in Chemicals Sciences (RASC-15) organized by Department of Post Graduate Studies in Chemistry at St Agnes College, Mangalore.;
- Presented paper on Antimicrobial Activity of Secondary Metabolites From Non-Edible Seeds in Oral presentation in “36th Series Of Student Project Programme -Biofuel Projects” at Angadi Institute of Technology, Belgaum,Organized by Karnataka State Council For Science & Technology (KSCST).
- Presented paper on A New Synthetic Approach for The Synthesis of An Advance Intermediate For Loprazolam Mesilate From Clonazepam in “Impact Of Biotechnology On Human Welfare’’ Organized by Department of Studies in Biotechnology, Microbiology and Biochemistry.
- Participated in National workshop on Theory and Practice of Molecular Structure Determination using X-ray Crystallography Organized by DST-PURSE Laboratory, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Emerging Solar Pv Technology Application For Academics” Conducted at Mangalore University.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Modern Synthetic Methods & Their Applications” Organized by the PG Dept. of Chemistry, SDM College, Ujire.
- Participated in User Awareness Programme on Shodhganga & Anti-Plagiarism Software Ithenticate / Turnitin organized by Mangalore University Library & (INFLIBNET) Information & Library Network Centre, Gujarat at Mangalore University.
- Participated in 4th National Pre-Conference Workshop of SOBSICON 2014 On “Recent Advances In Research Methodologies In Biological Sciences” organized by The Dept. of Studies & Research in Biochemistry, Mangalore University, PG Centre, Chikka Aluvara, Kodagu district at Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri.
- Participated in One day State Level Workshop on ‘Basic Techniques In Instrumental Methods’ Organized by the Post graduate Departments of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, JSS College of Arts ,Commerce and Science, Ooty Road, Mysore.
- Participated in 100th Indian Science Congress held at Calcutta University, Kolkata from Organized by The Indian Science Congress Association.
- Participated in Quiz Gallery on Atmospheric and Ocean Science and Technology Conducted by Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India at Pride of India, 100th Indian Science Congress - 2013 Kolkata.
- Participated in One day symposium on Cell Structure and Function Organized in Department of studies in Biochemistry University of Mysore.
- Participated in National Seminar on Recent Advances In Chemical Biology –An Overview, Organized by the Department of post graduate studies in Chemistry, Government Science College, Hassan, Karnataka.
- Participated in National conference on Emerging Trends In Ayurveda And Herbal Drug Technology (ETAHDT – 2012) organized by Government Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore, Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi and NRHM, Department of AYUSH, Government of Karnataka and India.
- Participated in National conference on Post-Graduation Special Lecture Series Program jointly organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Government of Karnataka and Dept. of Studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Participated in.National conference on Role of Nano composites In Dielectrics And Devices, Organized by Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of Engineering, JSSTechnical Institution Campus, Mysore. Karnataka, India.
- Participated in National conference on Green and Sustainable Chemistry, Organized by Department Of Chemistry, University College of Science, Tumkur University and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Tumkur, and Karnataka, India.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Bangalore - 560054, India