Mrs. Smrithi. S. P
- Qualification:MSc, UGC-JRF-NET, (PhD)
- Department: Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience:Teaching (6 years) Industry (3 years) Research (3 years)
- Email id:email@example.com
Academic and Professional Achievements
- Smrithi. S. P, Nagaraju Kottam, Bincy Rose Vergis, Heteroatom modified hybrid carbon quantum dots derived from Cucurbita pepo for the visible light driven photocatalytic dye degradation, Topics in Catalysis, 2022, 1-12. (Q2, IF- 2.8)
- Smrithi S P, Nagaraju Kottam, Muktha H, Mahule A M, Chamarti K, Vismaya V, Sharath R, Carbon dots derived from Beta vulgaris: evaluation of its potential as antioxidant and anticancer agent, Nanotechnology, 2021, 33 (4), 045403. (Q1, IF- 3.874)
- Smrithi S P, Kottam N, Arpitha V, Narula A, AnilKumar G N, Subramanian K RV, “Tungsten oxide modified with carbon nanodots: Integrating adsorptive and photocatalytic functionalities for water remediation”, Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices, 2020, 5, 73-83 (Q1, IF- 5.469)
- Smrithi S P, Kottam N, Prasanna kumar S G, “Green Synthesized Luminescent Carbon Nanodots for the Sensing Application of Fe3+ Ions”, Journal of Fluorescence, 2020, 30(2), 357-363. (Q2, IF- 2.093).
- Kottam N, Smrithi SP, “Luminescent carbon nanodots: Current prospects on synthesis, properties and sensing applications”, Methods and Applications in Fluorescence, 2021, 9, 012001. (Q1, IF- 3)
- Muktha H, Sharath R, Kottam N, Smrithi S P, Samrat K, “Green Synthesis of carbon dots and Evaluation of its pharmacological activities”, BioNanoScience, 2020, 10(2), 1-14. (Q3, IF- 2.31).
International Conferences/Workshops/Seminars Attended
- Participated in 1st Online International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Catalysis for Sustainable Chemical Processes (ETCSCP - 2021)”, from 26th to 28th August 2021 jointly organized by IIChE - Bangalore Regional Centre, Catalysis Society of India - Bangalore Chapter, Department of Chemical Engineering, M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Poornaprajna Institute of Scientific Research (PPISR) and Department of Chemical Engineering, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering.
- Participated and given oral presentation in the International conference on Advanced Materials Science and Applications conducted during 3-4, September 2020.
- Attended a webinar on “Towards Producing Large-scale and cost-effective solar H2 through photocatalytic water splitting” organised by School of Applied Sciences, Department of Physics, Reva University on 19 August, 2020.
- Participated in the 1st International Conference on “Accelerating Innovations In Material Science (AIMS) conducted from 4-7 August, 2020 in Bengaluru.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Trends in Biological and Environmental Sciences” during 13-18 January, 2020 organised by Department of Chemistry and Department of Physics, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Participated in the three day workshop on “Research Methodologies and Latex” organised by VTU e-Learning Center, Mysuru from 14-16 November, 2019.
- Participated and presented poster in the 1st International Conference on Life, Chemical and Health Science (ICLCHS) conducted from 24-26 October, 2019 in Bengaluru.
- Attended Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on “Nanomaterials- Applications in Biotechnology” during 29-30 August, 2019 organised by Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Attended the Faculty Development programme on “Scope and Significance of Materials Science for Industry-Academia Colloboration” from 29 July to 3 August, 2019 organised by Department of Chemistry and Department of Physics, Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Participated in “NANOBIO”: Second International Conference on Nanotechnology at the Bio-Medical Interface organized by Amrita Centre for Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine held at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi during February 2012.
- Served as Scientific Assistant in Vikram Sarabhai Space Center, Department of Space, ISRO (2012-2013).
- Qualified Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) held on 19.06.2011 with 86th rank in Chemical Sciences under UGC fellowship scheme.
- Fourth Rank holder at the university level for MSc programme (Kerala University, Kariavattom Campus, Kerala).
- Awardee of ‘University Merit Scholarship for MSc Course’ from the University of Kerala.
- Awardee of the ‘Best Outgoing Student’ of H.H.M.S.P.B.N.S.S College for Women, Neeramankara in the year 2007.
- Gold medal winner in securing highest marks in BSc programme (Chemistry).
- Gold medal winner in securing highest marks in higher secondary level from Mannam memorial residential higher secondary school.
- Green Synthesis of carbon dots.
- Synthesis of metal chalcogenide nanocomposite materials.
- Waste water treatment (adsorption and photocatalytic techniques).
- Photocatalytic water splitting for hydrogen generation.
- Development of bifunctional nanoparticles.
- Development of sensors for environmentally and biologically relevant metal ions.