DR. VASANTHA KUMAR BHASKARA
- Qualification: MSc, PhD (CSIR-UGC-JRF/NET) PDF(USA)
- Department: Department of Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Year of Experience: 12 Years
- Email ID: email@example.com
Academic / Professional Achievements
- Assistant Professor in Department of Chem. & Biochem. – PG, Ramaiah College, Bangalore (2014 -Current)
- CSIR-SRA (Pool Officer) at Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Center for DNA Finger Printingand Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad (2012 – 2014)
- Postdoctoral fellow at department of pharmacology & cancer biology, UICOM-P, Peoria, IL (USA), (2010-2012)
- Scientist, Stem Cell Therapy Department, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad (AP), India (2009-10)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, from Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, StritchSchool of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA (2006 – 2008)
- Ph.D (2008) from Department of Animal Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, AP, India
- Bhaskara VK, Mittal B, Mysorekar VV, Amaresh N and Simal-Gandara J. Resveratrol, Cancer and Cancer stem cells: A review on past to future. Curr Res Food Scie (In Press 2020)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crfs.2020.10.004
- Vasantha Kumar Bhaskara, et al., Aberrant signal transduction in Indian Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) patients. Journal of Cancer Research Therapeutics 15: 1162-6; 2019.
- Pandey V, Bhaskara V K, Babu P P. Implications of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling in glioma. J Neurosci. Res. 94(2): 114-27; 2016.
- Bhaskara VK, Mohanam I, Gujrati M, and Mohanam S. Intermittent hypoxia effect on osteoclastogenesis stimulated by neuroblastoma cells. Plos One 2014 Aug 22;9(8):e105555.
- Raman, R., Kotapalli, V., Adduri, R. S., Bhaskara, V. K., Gowrishankar, S., Bashyam, L., …&Bashyam, M. D. (2013, April). Presence of non-canonical tumorigenesis pathways in early-onset sporadic rectal cancer. In CANCER RESEARCH (Vol. 73, No. 8). 615 PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-4404 USA: AMER ASSOC CANCER RESEARCH.
- Bhaskara VK,IndraMohanam, Jasti S Rao and SanjeevaMohanam. Abstract 408: Intermittent hypoxia effect on osteoclastogenesis stimulated by neuroblastoma cells. Cancer Research Proceedings, DOI: 10.1158/1538-7445AM2012-408; 2012.
- Bhaskara VK, Mohanam I, Rao JS and Mohanam S. Intermittent hypoxia regulates stem-like characteristics and differentiation of neuroblastoma cells. Plos One 7(2), 2012.
- Bhaskara VK, IndraMohanam, Jasti S Rao and SanjeevaMohanam. Abstract 2055: Influence of intermittent hypoxia on differentiation in neuroblastoma. Cancer Research Proceedings. DOI: 10.1158/1538-7445AM2011-2055; 2011.
- Bhaskara VK, Panigrahi M, Challa S, Babu PP. Differential PARP cleavage pattern: An indication for existence of multiple forms of cell death in human gliomas. Neurology In. 57(3): 264 – 268, 2009.
- Bhaskara VK, Challa S, Babu PP. pERK, pAkt and pBad: A Possible role in cellular proliferation and sustained cellular survival during tumorigenesis and tumor progression in n-ethyl n-nitrosourea (ENU) induced glioma rat model. Neurochemical Res. 31(9): 1163-70, 2006.
- Bhaskara VK, Panigrahi M, Challa S, Babu PP. Comparative status of activated ERK1/2 and PARP cleavage in human gliomas. Neuropathology, Mar: 25(1):48-53, 2005.
Manuscript Under Preparation
Manuscript to be communicated to Curr Probl Cancer journal:
“Precision Medicine in Breast Cancer Treatment: Current Prospectives and Challenges”
Scientific Presentations (Selected)
- Participated in National Webinar on “Current Trends in Life Science” held on 27th to 30th July, 2020 organized by Department of Life Science, Bangalore University.
- Participated in Faculty Development Program on “Studying Gene Expression using Genomic Approaches – Bulk to single cell expression analysis” held on 23rd and 24th July, 2020 by REVA University.
- Participated in Science Academies sponsored Science Leadership Workshop held on 22nd to 28th June, 2020 organized by Central University of Punjab, Bathinda.
- Participated in ICLCHS – 2019, international conference held on 24th to 26th October, 2019 organized by RCASC.
- Participated in Indian Academy of Sciences sponsored lecture workshop on “Nanomaterials – Applications in Biotechnology” held on 29th to 30th August, 2019 organized by Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah Institute of Technology.
- Co-ordinator for Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc) sponsored lecture workshop on “Recent Trends in Cancer Biology” in collaboration with faculty of Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc) on 21st – 22nd, 2018.
- Presented poster entitled “Aberrant Cancer Stem Cell Pathways in Indian Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patients” at Indo-Australian Symposium on “Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition” – New advances in cancer development held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on 6th, 2017.
- Best oral and best poster presentation in Indian Science Congress (Bangalore Chapter), ISCA-Bangalore conference (September, 2015).
- Poster presentation in the international conference held by Society for Biological Chemists (India) to be conducted by Indian institute of technology – Madras (December 2009); Abstract Title:“Effect of MPP+ treatment on CEP pretreated immortalized mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronal (N27) cell death”
- Poster presentation in the International Symposium on Translational Research : “APOPTOSIS & CANCER”, held at Trivandrum (India) conducted by University of Kerala and University of Texas (MD Anderson Cancer Center) ( December – 2005); Abstract Title:“pERK, pAkt&pBad: Role in cell proliferation and sustained cellular survival during tumorigenesis and tumor progression in ENU induced transplacentalglioma rat model”.
- Poster presentation in the symposium – emerging concepts of the brain held at National Center for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, India (March – 2005); Abstract Title:“Differential PARP cleavage in human gliomas indicating existence of multiple forms of cell death”.
- Poster presentation in the 10thFAOBMB international conference held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (December – 2003); Abstract Title: “Comparative alterations of mitogen activateddiv protein kinase (MAP) kinases in human gliomas”.
- Poster presentation in the 71stSBC annual meeting held at Ludhiana, Punjab, India (November, 2002); Abstract Title: “Immobilization of delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus cells containing beta-galactosidase by gel entrapment”.
- Life-member of “Society for Biological Chemists – India (SBCI)”
- Life-member of “Society for Neurochemistry – India (SNCI)”